*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625439-Dark-Days
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1625439
Random story. Girl walks in to see that she is not alone in her house. Creepy
I was running faster than I have ever ran before. The sky was almost pitch black. The rain was hitting my bare arms so hard it felt like needles bouncing off my skin. "I have to get home," I think in my head. My dad said if I was late he would personally kill me. I am almost home. Wow! It's so cold out here. Almost there. Finally I was home. I opened the door and shake out my short, wet hair. I step inside and take off my cute fergalicious high heels. A perfect choice to wear for the party I went to. I called out "dad, I'm home!" no one answers I shrug it off and head to my bedroom.

I change into nice warm pj's, praying that I don't get sick from my time in the rain. I get into bed and close my eyes. I lay their for a while but something just isn't right. I get up and head to the kitchen. I go through the cabnets and the fridge and nothing looks appetizing. It just occurs to me that none of the lights are on. I walk over to the nearest switch and turn it on. A streak of lightning appeared in the window. I backed up. Wow! that lightning was close to the house. I ran into the cabnet with my back and get something gooey on my arm. I turn around there's a knife on the counter. Its covered in red stuff. I screamed! My brain tells me to calm down. Its just the knife from my peanut butter an jelly sandwich this morning.

There's a scratching sound at the door. The wind must have picked up or something. My brain flashes a red alert. Some one should have came out when I screamed. Its only one in the morning, surely my brother Riley is still awake. I walk down the hallway and up to his door. I knock. Nothing happened. I press my ear to the door. I hear the sound of the tv on. I knock again. Still nothing happens. I open the door slowly and see a dark figure, with what looks like a controller in its hands, sitting at the end of Rileys bed. I turn on the lights. The figure is Riley. Phew, I let out a sigh. He didn't even turn his head. I walk up to him and sit next to him. "What are u playing Riley?" I ask. As I asked I looked at the tv. It says game over in flashing red letters.

I look at Riley. His head rolls to the side. I scream! His right eye had been cut out and blood had splattered his face. I was standing now inspecting him more closely. Tears streaming down my face. Riley had been stabed multiple times in the chest. His stomach had been cut open and blood had caked onto his white shirt. Nothing hung out though, so I was guessing the killer had taken his insides. What kind of sick and twisted person would do this? I hugged Riley. He was my only brother and I loved him dearly. I wanted to get in bed and crawl under the covers and cry my eyes out but something still felt wrong.

I walked out of Riley's room and close the door. I turned on the hall lights. Right across the hall from me was a message written in blood. I was so terified that I couldn't scream. The message read: Ella beware. They come for you. I come for you. I will get you. Just like I got your brother a... that's all it said. Your brother a. It didn't make sense. Thunder shook the house and the lights went off. I held still hoping they would turn on soon. They did. I screamed this time! The message was added onto. It now read: Ella beware. They will come for you. I will come for you. I will get you. Just like I got your brother and your father. "Dad! Where are you? Dad?" I screamed. I couldn't think. I ran to his bedroom and burst through the door.

I screamed the worst blood chilling scream I could. I had found my father. He hung from a rope on the ceiling. His throat had been sliced open on the left side and then rope had been stuck in it. Blood still dripped down the rope, leaving a puddle on the floor. He had also been stabbed multiple times in the chest. And his right eye had been brutally cut out. The top of his head had been cut off too. I remember learning about this in history but I have forgotten what it is called. I sink to my knees and cry out in pain and sorrow. Thunder shakes the house again. The lights flicker, then go out. I looked out my fathers window. The wind is blowing hard. Outside it looks blue. I don't care anymore, I now have nothing to live for. A streak of lightning lights up the room. I see a man in the corner. He has a knife in one hand and what looks like a piece of earth in the other. I'm guessing its the top to my dads head. I didn't scream because I couldn't find my voice. I didn't stand up because I couldn't feel my legs. Do you wanna know what I did? I laughed.
© Copyright 2009 Tera Ohlert (shadowkitten2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625439-Dark-Days