*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613866-Happiness-Spreads-Like-Evil
by BChaos
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1613866
A teddy bear arrives in the mail...
Katie was surprised when a teddy bear arrived in the mail. It was unexpected and from someone unknown.

A note read: Spread the joy.

The teddy bear’s soft fur begged to be caressed.  A red bow surrounded the neck. The bear charmed its way to Katie.

That night Katie snuggled with the bear, brushing her cheeks against it. Katie woke up when she saw the bear standing near the bed. Suddenly, it lunged at her. The bear used its bow to choke Katie. She shrieked and struggled. Katie threw the bear off and ran to the kitchen. The bear followed, crawling on all four.  The bear lunged at her again and she slashed with a knife. The bear’s head came off and the body went limp. Hundreds of black spiders emerged from the torso. They crawled all over Katie’s face. She swatted frantically but they crawled into her mouth and nose. Their legs wiggled in her mouth. Katie chocked and gasped for air, until it went black.

Katie awoke the next morning. The bear’s torso was still on the floor. The spiders were gone. An urge came over Katie. She sewed the bear’s head back; determined to spread the joy.
© Copyright 2009 BChaos (branli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613866-Happiness-Spreads-Like-Evil