*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613934-Appearances
by BChaos
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1613934
Appearances, its all about appearances...
Katie arrived at her first Halloween party on campus. Still the new girl at the university, a party was the perfect opportunity to make new friends.

The frat house was filled with ghost, goblins, and zombies. The party had them all. Katie’s angel outfit stood out and only personified her innocence. Determined to fit in and let loose, she drank the punch, assuming it was spiked. Alcohol would surely relax her and make her more social. But she couldn’t taste the alcohol in the punch.

“The ‘special’ punch bowl!” guests would say.

Katie thought perhaps they were commenting on the blood-like appearance of the punch. There was nothing special about it. It didn’t have any alcohol. Still, there was a comfort in having a drink in her hand. While snooping around the frat house Katie stumbled upon two masked men burning someone alive. She quickly turned around and proceeded to leave. As Katie ran out, every mask-wearing person came after her. The masks seemed to possess the wearers. Everyone tore at her hair and clothes. They clawed the skin on her face. She could feel the many hands all over her body. Her wounds began to bleed and would not stop. She tried to wipe it off but it smeared and stuck like paste.

Katie ran to the streets for help, but encountered more mask-wearers. The entire campus had been possessed. It was everyone, young and old. They had all gone mad. Katie kept running, away from it all. She ran into the night until she could run no more.

In the morning police found Katie’s body. The coroner ruled her cause of death to be hypothermia. The autopsy report also found traces of LSD in her system.
© Copyright 2009 BChaos (branli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613934-Appearances