*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615864-Midnight-Apology
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1615864
In the middle of the night, a sincere apology is made.
He looked at her carefully, burning her image in his head and memory. She lay quietly beside him. Her pale delicate legs were tangled in the dark deep blue sheet, short chestnut hair sprawled over the soft linen pillows.
She lay on her side, her chest rising and falling as her breathing evened, and she was gradually drawn into the world of dreams.
Her young face, wax-like and fragile was peaceful as sleep leisurely overcame her.
She lay turned away from him, the midnight wind kissing her tear-stained cheeks as it invaded their room through the open window. He sighed as he sat up on the bed, ruffling the darkened, thin sheets.
Leaning his head against the walls of the small bedroom, he watched her silhouette intensely, bathed in the silvery, melancholic light of the full moon. Suddenly, she started to shake, clutching the sheets, mumbling incoherent words in her dormancy.
He gently reached out and slipped his arm possessively around her slim waist, bringing her closer to rest against his firm chest.
He felt the warmth of her back blend in with his own, and yet, her shaking did not stop, and her hold on the thin sheets tightened.
That was when a soft cry echoed through the room, directly to his regardful ears.
His obsidian eyes widened slightly as he turned her to him and saw her beautiful face stained with the hot, salty tears that were flowing from behind her closed eyelids. Her full, normally scarlet lips were amaranthine from the night coldness and trembled slightly.
His gaze softened, and he delicately lifted her head from the indigo pillows, and lay it on his own chest, tucking her in as he wrapped his strong, scarred arms around her in a hoggish manner.
His right hand deliberately found its way to her soft, silky hair, only to find it covered by a thin layer of sweat, as he roamed his fingers through her chestnut tresses. He stiffened and she slowly mumbled his name in her sleep; there was so much sadness and bitterness in her voice that it made him want to slap himself for being such an idiot.
He gently stroked her tear-stained, white cheek as he lowered his warm, soft lips against her cold, shaky ones. She fluttered her eyes open at the sudden contact, to reveal a pair of greenish-blue gray orbs, glossy and bloodshot.
She blushed faintly realizing her current position and mumbled a quiet apology before turning away from him, only to be held tighter, securely by his pale, well-built arms.
He leaned down, and kissed her salty tears away, softly stroking her cheek, gazing deeply into her widened, bewitching and translucent eyes. Than, he captured her luscious lips in a passionate, yet gentle and breathtaking kiss, savoring the sweet, addicting taste that lingered around her tongue. He softly nibbled on her earlobe, feeling her shiver with reluctant pleasure.
-"I'm so sorry about earlier" he whispered softly into her ear, watching from the corner of his onyx eye as her orbs increased in size and she gasped with surprise. "its just that i love you far too much to lose you" She turned to him with fresh but happy tears as she smiled sweetly and sadly at the same time.
-"i know" she whispered, caressing his cheek. "thank you". He captured her swollen lips once more, claiming her as his. "i love you too" she mumbled among his kisses. He watched as her eyelids slowly sealed themselves as she welcomed sleep, and he cuddled against her petite body, burying his head against her neck, inhaling the enslaving smell of her hair, before following her and drifting away with the only woman he ever loved.
© Copyright 2009 TealHeadlight (scarlet.ink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615864-Midnight-Apology