*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615870-Because-i-love-you
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1615870
He tells her how he feels
She walked alone. The cold, wintry wind whispering obscenities in her sensible ears. Her legs buckled under her weight, and her petite body shook from exhaustion.
Her gray eyes, normally cold and indifferent, were flooded with hot, salty tears and despair beyond comprehension. She slipped, and unceremoniously fell face down on the grass, which was wet with the midnight dew. Struggling to get up, she crawled towards a nearby pond, unruffled and cold, and was horrified at her solemn reflection.
She buried her face in her hands, trying to stop the tears from flowing down her pale cheeks, sealing her eyelids over her bloodshot gray orbs. She could feel the silver gaze of the moon over her back, watching her closely, as if she were a monster.. which wasn't far from the painful truth.
She heard silent footsteps, and stiffened when a warm hand lightly grazed her shoulders. She didn't dare to look back, silently telling herself to stand still, and wishing she would suddenly turn into a lifeless, cold stone statue.
-"Holly?" a grave, hoarse voice rang beside her ear, and she shuddered immediately recognizing the unmistakable voice of the only person she trusted.
-"go away" she grumbled, and tore her shoulder from the light grip in which it was held, turning her face so her companion could not see her tears.
-"are you ok?" The hand came again, this time warmer and held her forearm to keep her from walking away.
-"what do you want?" her voice, pale and fearful, was almost unrecognizable to herself.
She was gently turned around, and was faced with a boy her age, with onyx, swarthy hair, and deep, intense cerulean eyes.
-"what happened to you?" he whispered, his voice overflowing with worry.
His sky blue, bewitching orbs, widened as he eyed her state: her beautiful, reddish hair was disheveled. Her dress, torn and splattered with droplets of blood. She, noticing his intense gaze on her condition, looked down in embarrassment and fear, hiding her tear-stained face and bloodshot eyes behind her tresses.
-"look at me" he said softly, his hands under her chin, gracefully lifting her face to meet her melancholic gaze.
He had never seen her so vulnerable and palsied, it was like a stab to his potbelly.
-"please, leave me alone" she begged silently, but in response he simply shook his head and slid his hand down her forearm to meet her own, twining their fingers.
-"why?" she asked absently, her voice shaking, and tears racing down her slender face. "why aren't you hiding?" He eyed her confusedly, and lightly squeezed her fingers. "why don't you hate me too?" She eyed her garments, painted with scarlet drops, smelling death and blood.
-"i can't" he answered, silently cupping her cheek with his free hand, gently wiping a tear with his thumb.
-"i just killed half of your village, and yet, you come to me as if i were a normal human being!" she cried, shaking her head.
-"i can't stay away from you" he said, deeply inhaling and closing his eyes. "because i love you". Her eyes widened and she stiffened, not believing her ears.
-"you what?"
He sighed, his breath warm on her forehead.
-"i love you"
-"Why me?" she questioned, leaning her forehead against his strong chest.
-"because you are the one that mended my heart and stole it for yourself. Because you're always there for me, and comfort me with your silence. Because you are independent and untamable, and because you're the prettiest woman i ever lay my eyes on."
He smiled sheepishly, his eyes reflecting the pearly light of the full moon.
-"how can you love a monster?" she protested, and he chuckled lightly.
-"you're my monster, and despite your faults, i still find you perfect... except for the killing part, but i can deal with that"
Now it was her turn to laugh hoarsely and sarcastically.
-"I'm far from perfect" she mumbled, and was suddenly pulled into a tight embrace.
-"what you lack or not, its what makes you unique and special, that's why it has to be you." His strong, pale arms tightened around her arms and he buried his head in the crook of her neck, kissing it softly.
-"how can you love someone so dangerous?" she mumbled, leaning her head over his own.
He smiled, parting his luscious lips to reveal two rows of perfect and immaculate white teeth.
-"i like danger" he mumbled, lightly biting into her skin and soothing the wound with his wet tongue. She gasped and he smirked.
-"and you're worth the risk".
© Copyright 2009 TealHeadlight (scarlet.ink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615870-Because-i-love-you