*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616397-Farewell
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1616397
She doesen't want him to go. Will he come back, or will he vanish forever?
As the cold rain poured from they grey skies, she stared into his onyx eyes. A silent tear made its way down her porcelain face.
His obsidian eyes, once cold and emotionless were now filled with an emotion he himself did not recognize.
He reached out and gently stroked her soft cheeks, wiping away her wet tears. She shook slightly as his warm hands mildly touched her face. Her emerald eyes were glossy, filled with anguish and love.
Slowly his colossal, strong hands cupped her slender face, lifting it so he could look into her eyes; she had been avoiding his gaze for too long.
Then, he leant forwards until their noses touched, sending a shiver down his spine.
Emerald clashed with Onyx. His eyes were so deep, so filled with emotions that she was almost hypnotized by his gaze upon her. He leaned slightly and whispered soothing words softly into her ear, as if she were a young child that needed to go to bed.
Her eyes widened, and the tears that had been held back flowed slowly down her slender, beautiful face. She watched him as he gently kissed her right cheek, then her left one. She closed her eyes, savoring the moment, knowing that it would be gone too soon for her liking. He then, slowly, kissed the tip of her nose, and eyed her beryl orbs, to find them concealed behind her eyelids.
He smiled softly and brushed her cold, wet lips with his own. She stiffened at first, but gradually he felt her relax within his arms. His hands found their way to her bronze, soaked hair, and he tangled his fingers in it, bringing her head closer to his so he could taste more of her. Breaking the kiss, he drew her into his arms, and listened to her soft voice as she begged him not to go.
Holding his own tears back, he nonchalantly tore away from her pale arms, took her hand in his, and gave it a light squeeze, silently telling her that everything would be ok. Then, he turned around and walked away from her, looking at the floor, hands buried in his pockets, broken hearted.
Soon, he disappeared through the heavy rain, leaving the miserable girl to stand by herself under the pouring water. She did not hold back her tears, and fell to her knees as lightning stung the ugly sky, hands clutching her chest as if doing so she would stop the pain.
Suddenly she noticed a piece of paper on her hands, and carefully unfolded it, revealing a delicate handwriting written in black ink.

"I will come back, and when i do, I will give you my heart forever. I cannot do so now, for it would only endanger your life. Please forgive me if i ever offended or hurt you, which i know i have. Please know that i only meant to keep you safe. Good bye for now, my beautiful blooming flower."

She smiled sadly at the fading words, as they were washed away by the rainwater. Looking up she eyed the dark pathway leading to the exit of the village, and shook her head.
-"I'll wait for you" she mumbled under her breath. " but you sure are going to get it when you come back".
She suddenly smiled deviously, imagining the worst ways to torture him for leaving, and left for the village, failing to notice the blood red rose fallen on the path he took.
© Copyright 2009 TealHeadlight (scarlet.ink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616397-Farewell