*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616537-On-The-Menu-Tonight
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1616537
Contest entry for 200 words or less horror/scary
                                                                                                                                                        199 words

                                                                    On The Menu Tonight               


Ignoring the pain, the gnarled, arthritic hands clutched desperately at each other. Huddled together, whispering words only lovers for a life time would understand, the couple clung to each other, oblivious to the others in the room.

Vibrations began to slowly build as the machines began to depressurize the room

Their gazes locked into each other as they began to struggle to breathe.  Sucking deeply, trying to get oxygen in their lungs, he watched as his wife of fifty years sucked uselessly, eyes bulging, lips turning blue.  Thrashing in his arms, his vision dimming, he felt the warmth as her bladder released.

An hour later workers in yellow jumpsuits entered the room.  With the push of a button a belt activated to the waiting trucks outside.  The trucks filled with the bodies of the aged, infirm, physically and mentally challenged dead, headed toward the plant.

The trucks lined up at the plant as several trucks loaded with boxes pulled away.

Pushing the cart through the supermarket, she stopped at the display of protein wafers.  Seeing a new flavor, "Mild Sausage,” she threw it in the cart, her stomach rumbling in anticipation of dinner.







                                                                                                                                                     
© Copyright 2009 Sandra Rae (mstmadison at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616537-On-The-Menu-Tonight