*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619725-TV-Snacks
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest · #1619725
Nightmare Contest Entry 200 Words or Less
                                     
                                                                              TV Snacks           


    Turning on the TV, Molly curled up on the couch, a bag of Cheese Doodles in one hand, patted the space by her feet with the other. Piper jumped up, wrapping herself around Molly’s feet. Piper gazed at her with deep brown eyes, waited.

    Molly gazed back, the bond between the two communicating to Piper she wasn't getting Cheese Doodles. With a heavy sigh, she laid her head down on Molly’s legs. Piper’s teeth made clicking noises as she chewed her tail. Molly placed the Cheese Doodles on the coffee table, looking at Piper’s tail.

    “Fleas?”

    Molly spread the fur on Pipers tail, and saw several fleas run for cover. She’d call the Vet tomorrow for Frontline. Seeing a flea run, Molly grabbed it, crushing it between her fingernails. Molly hated fleas, disease infested, little bastards.

      Molly’s attention once again caught by the TV, wiped her hand on the blanket, the thought of the crushed flea still fresh in her mind. Picking up the Cheese Doodles, she began to snack again. The crushed flea, with tapeworm larvae, slid from under her nail, as Molly popped Cheese Doodles in her mouth, chewed, and swallowed.

                                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                                                          WC 194
© Copyright 2009 Sandra Rae (mstmadison at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619725-TV-Snacks