*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617895-That-Fateful-Day-Chapter-3
by Hello1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1617895
Fay is awoken by a phone call
Two hours after falling asleep in Matt's car, Fay was awoken by the sound of "Friends" by Michael W. Smith playing on her cell phone. That was Jack's ring tone.

"It's Jack." she said groggily to Matt.

"Then answer it." Matt said.

"Hello." Fay's muffled voice said into the phone.

"Fay? Are you ok? That son of a bitch Reinstein is gonna get it. I'm gonna kick the shit out of him all the way into jail. Nobody points a gun at my best friend's head and gets away with it!" Jack said trembling and with gritted teeth.

Jack and Fay were best friends. They had met during freshman year right after Fay had broken up with her boyfriend Nick for lying to her about being a Christian and then going off and sleeping with another girl. Jack had been a great comfort to Fay during that time, without even really knowing it. Fay and Jack soon became the closest of friends. Jack was closer to Fay then Kelsey or Matt, mostly because they had to focus on their relationship. In fact the amount of time Jack and Fay spent together sent suspicion among the student body that they were dating. They weren't, of course, but they were asked often about it.

Fay grimaced when she heard Jack curse. He had one of the cleanest mouths anyone had ever seen. Fay had known him for 2 1/2 years and only heard him curse one other time.

Flashback
It was about 3 months after they met. Jack had convinced Fay to go to the spring dance with him. Everyone already thought they were dating and wouldn't listen to them say otherwise, anyway. He figured they might as well have fun at the dance together. So, they went, but when Fay went to get a soda while Jack talked to Eric, Nick showed up. He said hi to Fay, and Fay wanting to be forgiving, said hi back, they talked for a few minutes and then Nick made his move. He put his hands on Fay's breasts and started taunting her. "Sleep with me." he said. "You know you want to." Fay tried very hard to push his hands away from her, but he was stronger then she was. Jack had turned his head, to look in Fay's direction, thinking she had been gone long. The moment he saw what was going on, he dashed over there. He grabbed Nick's arms and pulled him down to the floor. "No damn idiot messes with my best friend!" Jack had yelled. "This shit is intolerable." Just as Nick stood up, Jack punched him square in the jaw. He and Nick were soon wrestling on the floor. Everyone at the dance was watching by now. Someone had called 911 and by the time the police had shown up Nick had a dislocated jaw and two broken ribs. Many had seen what had happened and told the police that Jack was only defending Fay from sexual harassment. Jack did end up in jail. Fay bailed him out with some help from the others in their group of friends. Jack actually yelled at her for not waiting till morning before walking through the jailhouse, it was a pretty awful place in his opinion and he thought she should've at least rested for the night before walking through there. No guy even looked cross eyed at Fay since.
End of Flashback

"Woah, Jack. Calm down. I'm alright. I'm with Matt. I'm not sure where we're going yet, but we're ok." Fay said, finally not groggy.

"Ok, Fay. I'm sorry for cursing at you, Reinstein got me so riled up." Jack apologized.

"You're forgiven, Jack."

"Fay, you be careful, and you tell Matt that if so much as a hair on your head is harmed, I'll come after him."

"You know it won't be his fault if it does." Fay soothed.

"Ok. Look, I just wanted to hear your voice and know you were ok. Eric had told me what happened and I just wanted to know you were ok. I'll be praying for you Fay, now I gotta go find a way to convict Reinstein. We'll keep in touch."

"Yes. I'll call you soon, Jack." Fay said. Then she hung up.

"Good conversation?" Matt asked.

"He's really angry at Reinstein." Fay said. Then she playfully poked him. "You better watch out big brother, he said if anything happens to me he'll come after you."

Matt's eyes almost popped out of his head. He knew what had happened with Nick. "Then, I'll make sure nothing does."
© Copyright 2009 Hello1 (narniafan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617895-That-Fateful-Day-Chapter-3