*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619972-Strangely-Farm
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1619972
Children's story about a farm where the animals have funny occupations
STRANGELY FARM


I live on a farm. But it is no ordinary farm. It’s the weirdest, most bizarre farm you ever did visit.

On the farm, we have a cow that thinks it’s a security guard and wears a bright yellow jacket and carries a torch. He patrols the fences all day long moo-ing at passers-by. How strange.

On the farm we have a sheep that thinks it’s a super-villain and is forever saying ‘very interesting Mr Bond’. He wears a black cape and he skulks around the fields with the cape covering his face so he cannot be recognised. How bizarre.

On the farm we have a goose that thinks it’s a cat and chases after all the mice and even drinks milk. And when it’s warm he curls up into a ball and spends hours asleep. He even meows. How unusual.

On the farm we have a horse that thinks he is a superhero and is forever jumping over hedges trying to fly with his red cape on. He wears a red mask over his eyes to hide his identity, but we all know who he is. How weird.

On the farm we have a pig that thinks she is a beauty queen. She wears a sparkly tiara and a beautiful dress and she even wears make up to make herself look beautiful. How odd.

On the farm we have a goat that thinks he is a Fireman. He wears a brass helmet and carries a bucket of water in one hoof AND a bucket of sand in the other. How peculiar

On the farm we have a chicken that thinks she is a news reporter. She rushes around the farm with her notepad and pen trying to interview all the animals. But there’s never any news to report. How eerie.

On the farm we have a duck that thinks she is a doctor. She wears a white coat and holds her surgery in the barn where she checks the other animals with her stethoscope. How eccentric.

On the farm we have a rabbit that thinks he is an action hero. He wears a brimmed hat and a leather jacket, and carries a whip. He jumps around the farm pretending to be chased by villains and monsters. How wacky.


Oh, and there is me. (Dog). I walk around the place with books in my backpack and read stories to all the other animals. How perfectly normal.

THE END
© Copyright 2009 bickerstaffe (bickerstaffe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619972-Strangely-Farm