*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620696-Almost-a-Runnaway-chapter-one--intro
Rated: E · Chapter · Biographical · #1620696
My thoughts, my past and what I hope to acomplish, THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
Prelude/back cover:          

         How quickly the sun goes down and leaves us with no hope of light so sure that it will rise again. It leaves us with a mere memory of what was and gives us a reminder that we are alive, the moon. Sometimes the sun does not rise though, and we almost are forgotten in the midst of the darkness.

         As the Evening came and crept into every corner of the room, I sat and waited for dawn. I could hear the wind screaming, but at the same time I could hear the silence.  The coldness of darkness crept into my bones and snatched them from me with the ease of a raindrop falls from the sky, destined for a purpose. I wish I could say the same for my life, it falling but I could see no purpose. I felt as though I was a lightning bolt, a quick burst of light that was remembered only by its power but not for what it truly is. It is often only remembered for its destruction and the confusion it causes. It strikes quickly, unexpected, and then leaves.



{Chapter One} Me, Myself and I [somewhat of an intro]:

         Well, as I sit at my computer trying to figure out how to tell my story I can’t help but wonder where it will go. Often I just sit down and let my mind flow through my fingers and out to the keys, so here is my life in the best way I know how to put it.

         My life began in the year 1994, not a significant year in any way, just another year on the calendar. I was born at the beginning of spring. Something was special about my life though, I have a twin sister. Some may call her a “doppelganger”, and others may call her the “risky one”, but to me she is just my sister, Christine. What a weird experience to have a twin, though I don’t know anything different, it’s as if you are never alone, but yet can be so lonely at the same time. Though I have someone with almost identical genes to my own, and who has very similar interests, to me we are like night and day. Her grace, her smile, her fashion, her beauty, her guts! So many wonderful, perfect traits she has but I am glad I am not her in many ways. I am not particularly beautiful or fashionable and I am definitely not a risk taker but I am very content with who I am.

         Today’s society would label me as a nerd, a geek, an introvert and a blonde. I however would disagree with those, not because they are not true but merely because I am much more than any one word can define. Those words are so empty. After all, does not each individual person have their own view of a nerd? So how can society state in such general terms a person’s personality and life? People are so much more than just a brand or a word.

         I grew up in Surrey in a small but beautiful townhouse. I use to slide down the stairs on towels and in laundry baskets hoping that maybe one time I would go fast enough I could fly. I learned that no matter how fast I went, laundry baskets with children in them don’t fly at all. So many innocent grins of freedom and glee came to my face because of it. I often would hide in my bed and hope that I would become invisible in the masses of fluff but I quickly realized that I could not hide from the “mommy vision” or retreat to the safety of the covers to hide from the scary world.  Covers let’s just say are deceptively thin, much like all other materialistic objects of society. They all look good and inviting but when you get one for yourself you learn the defaults and imperfection behind them. Hiding I have learned, though it may seems effective is an incredibly unreliable thing to do, especially because I always am found.

         The years of innocence came and passed, one, two, three, four, and five. Every year learning more, and gaining more understanding of this peculiar world we live in. I entered Pacific Academy School and became a kindergartener when I was 6 and to say the least that was when my life became very interesting, and full of life. I was in the “Piglet” class and grew to love school. I learned my ABC’s and how to write my name, the usual things you learn when you are at that age. I was just an ordinary kid, amazed at the wonders of the world, and always looking for something more fantastic to appear. Then Kindergarten came and went and so did grade 1 to grade 7. I learned more words for my vocabulary, read books, learned how to speak and learned how to socialize with my peers. Meanwhile in those years my family was growing closer and closer together, always joyful and ready to tackle the world. Then I hit grade 7, 8, 9 and 10......

© Copyright 2009 Silent Speaker (silentspeaker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620696-Almost-a-Runnaway-chapter-one--intro