*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621534-Cabin
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Teen · #1621534
Chapter 1 of the book Cabin.
I was on the couch watching Cheers when I heard the door slam. Being the only house around for miles, I was surprised that somebody would come at this time. And the party was what, a week or two from now? I seem to have forgotten. I’ll look up on the matter later. Then there was yelling. A woman by the sounds of it. It was muffled. The yelling seemed to go on forever. I think there was something about a kid, but I’m not sure. After another minute or so and some cussing, a door slammed and the woman drove off. The car sounded a lot like one of those old reproduction S10’s that only managed to survive for three years. I got up off my couch to see who could have been in the fight, both the parties. I looked out my large window just quick enough to see the car leave. I was right, it was an S10. But then I saw the girl. She had to be a teenager, at least 13 in age. Covered in tears, shaken all over. I guess that fight really hurt her. Based on instinct, I ran out to help her. Down the 21 steps I ran, though I might have skipped a few. I took her in my arms and brought her upstairs into my house. I haven’t heard anyone cry this loud or hard before in my life. So I sat her down, gave her a glass of water, and asked her if there was anything more to do to help.
“No, no, that’s all right. I... I just... Don’t feel like talking right now. Plus, I don’t even know who you are,” she sobbed.
“Okay, introductions.” I said. “Ever hear of Kevin Robins?” She looked up and stared.
She had a reason to. I, Kevin Robins, was a famous multi-billionaire. I received a portion of my money from my books, two of which made it to the Bestsellers List. Another portion came from my internet store which sold many profitable items and another from producing movies. I had been on the cover of both Time and Life and once in Taste of Home for giving another friend of mine a generous amount of money to help his ever-growing business of nice restaurants. I held the world record for the largest car collection, over 190 in total. And all this and many more was done in just a mere 33 years.
“You... Your...” She stuttered.
“Yeah, I know. Out of all the people in the world to land in a house with, it just had to be me, right?” I chuckled.
She grinned shyly and held out her hand. “I’m Hayden.”
“Well Hayden, it is truly a pleasure to meet you.” I shook her hand.
So with that being out of the way, I asked her if she wanted a view of the house. She accepted, of course. I showed her three of the five bedrooms, just the ones on the top floor. I told her she could have her pick on whichever room she wanted, but strangely enough she asked for the couch. It was more comfortable for her she tried to explain, and knowing that as I grew up I myself slept on the couch often, I let her keep her choice. The kitchen and living room were combined as one on the second floor, and she’d already had seen both of them already. The porch was at the entrance of the steps we both had climbed up just a few moments later. The bathroom was the second door to the right down the hallway, and the steps leading downwards was in the first. Down the stairwell we went.
Hayden gasped. The entire floor was covered in antique console games like Atari and SNES. Quarter-games like Pac-Man and Frogger was in one corner and others like the Need For Speed Series was in another. Every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game was around an open cabinet with all the instrumental controllers the two major games had ever made. And down the hall past the washing room was a large room full of shelves six feet tall. The shelves in the middle were built as mini aisles for the games. 30% of the room was Microsoft, 30% was Sony, 30% was Nintendo, and the other 10% was miscellaneous.
“You’ve got to have, like, the largest game collection ever! But no one ever hears about it. Why?”
“”Well,” I scratched the back of my neck, “I like to keep it a secret.” It must have been a good answer as Hayden didn’t respond.
So I led her upstairs and I walked directly to the kitchen, hoping to get a snack. I was terribly hungry after the two hours of being around Hayden. Plus, I hadn’t had any breakfast that morning. As I reached up to open a cabinet, I heard a tiny voice almost directly below me.
“I completely forgot something, Kevin.”
I looked down. “What is it?” I crossed my arms.
“Clothes. I need some. Badly. Do you even know how horrendous it is without clothes? It’s like living a nightmare!”
Well, I dunno. How long can you last...” I never finished the sentence. Hayden pulled out the puppy-dog eyes and started to stare into what felt like my soul. The stare made me feel more susceptible to agreeing with whatever see wished for right now. And I didn’t know how long I could last staring into her perfect blue eyes...
“Alright! We’ll go get some clothes right now. But only if you stop using those... those eyes on me!”


LOOK FOR CHAPTER 2
© Copyright 2009 Ed_the_Head (67camaroz28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621534-Cabin