*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621806-How-does-it-end
by Aus
Rated: ASR · Other · Contest Entry · #1621806
A bad ending to my new book
I'm going insane. I've lost my book and I can't find it anywhere. It's got to be somewhere in this mess of an apartment. It's my favorite authors new one and I only have fifty pages left to read. Where the hell could it be?

I bought it yesterday, harassing the bookstore clerk to take a copy out of the recently delivered box. It wasn't even on the shelf yet!

It was busy in the store and I could tell she wanted to say I'd have to wait. But there was a moment I remember clearly, when she looked into my eyes and saw I was a rabid fan and to deny me would result in disaster.

I rushed home with my prize, driving a little too fast and reading the synopsis at the red lights. I'd already read it on line a number of times, but it was all the more exciting now. I would see the synopsis unfold into a story when I got home. A part of me wanted to flip to the first page right then and there, but I managed to restrain myself.

I started to read as soon as I got home, right past my usual bed time. At midnight with 70 pages to go, I decided to go to bed. At 60 pages I decided to just finish off the current chapter, and at 50 I managed to put the book down. I went to bed smiling, knowing there would be more for tomorrow. Not a lot, but definitely the best bit. My favorite author knows how to twist a tale, and I didn't know where this one was going.

I've created my own twist. Will I find the book and learn what happens?

Where the hell is that book!

296 words
© Copyright 2009 Aus (pwubs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621806-How-does-it-end