*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622895-The-Five-Phase-Fix
by Aus
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1622895
He must pass the test, or lose his Scholarship
I walk the empty corridor of the school, my footsteps echoing down the familiar halls, making too much noise for my liking. I doubt anyone will be here on a Thursday night, but if I get caught, I'll be in the shit.

I knew I was going to fail the test as soon as I flipped over the first page. Geography wasn't my bag but I had to pass to maintain my Football Scholarship. The second I knew I had no hope, I began writing the questions down on anything I could find; scrap paper, pencil case, even my left arm. I walked out of that room a living test paper.

End of Phase One: The easy part.

Phase Two: Distraction.

Get Mr Preacher to leave the school in a hurry at the end of the day, thus leaving the completed tests on his desk, to be marked at a later date. I made a call on behalf of the hospital.

"Your wife has been admitted and is asking for you".

Desperate measures for desperate times.

I sat by a tree, watching him take the bait in a flurry of arm gestures and panicked conversation. It was late in the day. He wouldn't be back.

I slipped back into the classroom and took a spare answer sheet. Luck was on my side.

Phase 3: "A" grade paper.

Text books, a rose, some chocolates and my girlfriend, valedictorian in the making, working feverishly on a tight deadline.

Phase 4: Is where we are now.

What was that noise? I can hear someone at the front door. It might be the cleaner. I have to move fast.

I reach the staff office and see the papers on his desk. I make the swap.

Footsteps are coming towards me...

Phase 5: Escape.

300 words

© Copyright 2009 Aus (pwubs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622895-The-Five-Phase-Fix