*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622191-Late-Summer-Memories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1622191
It's a short story about the times i spent with my sister and grandmother during years.
Days I do remember....

I remember a time in my life where I didn't take things for granted...Now that I look back at them, the were the best times that I have ever had. I remember warm Saturdays when my grandmother, sister and I used to go to Bruster's to get a bite of ice cream for the sake of getting out of the house. Those were simpler times when I only worried about school then or ant problems and such. Howeverm what stayed in my memory longer was the chill that the ice cream gave me and the juicy strawberry bits that filled my mouth with such a smooth-soothing taste of satisfaction; that could only be understood by the senses if your taste buds. My sister and I would look at each other with a big grin staring at our different chouces and sometimes even trading a bit. This was the taste of a summer's weekend and all of us were loving it.
Our grandmother was always satisfied with butter pecan and brownies. Because of how much she loves the flavor, I could say that she was the Queen of Pecan Ice Cream. No one could touch, smell or even look her ice cream; it all had belonged to her and if you messed with it, you were surely to suffer the bitter consequences.
Juice, on the other hand, loved cookies 'n' cream. I could say that if grandmother was the Queen of Butter Pecan, the she was the Princess of Cookies 'n' Cream. As if eating a course meal, Juice, would eat the ice cream first, and save the cookies for last. The smile she gave when she would get the ice cream was like a childhood nostalgia when she would open up christmas presents.
As for me, I was the experimenter. I would try different kinds of ice cream from cherry ice cream to rocky road. Sometimes, I'd even mix them together to get a different flavor! I love many kinds of textures and tastes but my appitite at the time was Strawberry cheesecake with cookie dough. These were my elite flavors, So I'd call myself the Maiden of Ice Creams since I think that a princess is too rich for me!
Although we all had our differences, we were all heroins during that night. Saving these warm, happy days to be remembered in the future, where our lives would soon grow to e further apart because of business and other life long adventures...but somewhere in a dream or a distressful moment, our minds will soon fade again those memories and make us remember the warm days that have happened and will soon to come again.
© Copyright 2009 D. Von Cristillia (kitty_candy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622191-Late-Summer-Memories