*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625614-My-Imaginary-Friend
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1625614
I really short start to some random idea I had for a short story
I stared through the night of my room, up at the ceiling fan that whirled around above me. My thoughts reflected back on the day I’d had. School was the worst part of my pre-teen life. I sat in the middle of the room in all of my classes, yet I remained unnoticed. Conversations danced all around me, but none of them involved me. I would have considered it the most painful part of my life, only no one was aware. If they never see you, they never know you. How can they know the hurt they cause, when they don’t even know you exist? It’s like in the movies, where the girl has a crush on a guy who doesn’t know she’s alive. Only in my world, it’s not a guy; it’s everyone.
I shifted my attention to the computer chair in the corner of my room. Candy sat with her legs folded gracefully beneath her. She was the only one, who noticed me, she was the only one who cared. She smiled as if reading my thoughts. I managed a poor grin and focused back on the fan.
© Copyright 2009 Jenni C (pandabear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625614-My-Imaginary-Friend