*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625615-What-A-Way-to-Want-to-Be
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1625615
A short beginning through the eyes of a misfit.
I relaxed in the chair with my feet propped up on the desk. I eyed the students pilling in the door with disgust. The teacher stood at the front of the class talking with the nerds about the project that was due next week. The one I hadn’t bothered to start.
Cassie Andrews slid into the desk beside me. I cut my eyes to her and she looked the other way. Of all the seats in the class, she had to sit beside me. Her boyfriend, Tony Pierce took the seat on her other side. I was deeply waiting for the day he dumped her for one of her cheerleading cronies.
I cross my arms and let my attention fall back upon the nerds. They were the only ones I could manage to be around here. Their nonsense chatter about science and math was a complete nuisance, but it was better than the constant giggle that had been drowning my ears since the first day of junior year.
Right on cue with my unspoken thought, the giggle spilled from her lips. I jerked my head to look at her with my lip pulled back in a disgusted snarl. She wasn’t looking my way, but her beloved Tony was.
“Hey.” He said to me in mockery, nodding his head. “What’d you looking at, creep?”
Cassie giggled again as she mumbled something unintelligent to him.
I cut my eyes back across the room. If that’s the way he wants to play that’s fine by me. Standing up, I knocked the books off my desk. This was an attempt at getting the teacher’s attention. I focused on the couple before me. Tony stood up to match my action. Was he really going to take on a girl? I could only imagine the pain this would bring him.
Cassie jumped up in between us. She press her hand against his chest in a weak effort to push him back.
“You got a problem, creep?” He ignored his girlfriend, and continued to mock me. “What are you going to do, pull out your bag of demons and put a spell on me? Are you going to make me fall in love with you? We all know that’s what you want. But no one likes you.”
How conceited of him. Everything had to be about him. And the stupid demon myths where getting old. I wasn’t a Goth for crying out loud. I was just a simple, annoyed teen who chose to hate the world and rock out.
© Copyright 2009 Jenni C (pandabear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625615-What-A-Way-to-Want-to-Be