*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626308-The-Rumor-Mill
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Dark · #1626308
My reflection on gossip, and disgust for it
Intro: I hate gossip and rumors--I truly do and have no respect for those that create or pass them along. It is unnecessary and immature; needless to say, the most false of statements spread like wildfire at my workplace, and I am certain it is not a unique quality; someone out there has to be able to relate! haha


The Rumor Mill

“Did you hear about this?” “Did you hear about that?” The talking behind backs, countless like the rain’s “pitter-pat” on the rooftop of my mind, & the windows of my patience. Fuck it, I gave you some respect but I take it all back. The way you're running your mouth, sort of like your lips running track. What the fuck, another lap? You just keep going and going…find some business that isn't yours, and just have to stick your nose in. So here isn’t much a friendly reminder, but I’ll start with your lips and keep them still with some pliers; and see if like Kanye, you could spit it through the wire. If gossip was a drug, nothing could get you higher. Please tell me what’s your desire, because I’m tired of fake shit and you all keep feeding the fire. One aspect I do admire, is if there was ever a market for selling trash, I wouldn’t have to look hard to find a buyer.



Note: I gave up on attempting to artificially space out my lines as if they were originally written that way. This is how I write and express myself--I am not sure if this fits any existing molds of writing, so I am unsure how to classify it...rhyming prose?? free verse?? lol who knows...hope someone out there appreciates it *Smile*
© Copyright 2009 Losten Lyrix (lostenlyrix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626308-The-Rumor-Mill