*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625799-Love-Then-and-Now
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1625799
Two poems: one written while dating my wife, and the other on our wedding day.
Then:
Excuse me miss,
but do you have the time?
With your beautiful eyes and your smile,
I'm hoping one day you'll be mine.
Your name's Nicole?
You can call me Chris.
Wow you guessed that right?
Now you get one wish.
Anything you want,
really don't hold back.
I know what I'd want,
and it doesn't deserve a smack.
Nothing would make me happier,
than buying you a Sprite to sip,
To tell you you're my everything,
and to kiss your pretty lips.
Just because I LOVE you,
and oh how you light up my life,
with your beautiful eyes and smile,
I'm hoping one day you'll be my wife.

Now:
Oh no! Here's the infamous rainy day on my parade, but I abstain from any negative thoughts, because they also say, "you can't expect any rainbows without a little rain," or so they claim. I remain positive with my thinking; you'd need more then a few puddles to get my hopes and dreams to sinking--now my confidence is peaking. I'm getting married, so these clouds can go ahead and keep on seizing! We pack enough joy and love to stay nice and cozy through the weekend. I'm going to sneak in a little, "I love you Nicole! I knew it from that first feeling, you had my breath rate elevated like it couldn't be contained by the ceiling; the reason being because YOU are my reason for being."


p.s.--it did, in fact, rain on our wedding day, which prompted the inspiration for the poem (written while driving to the ceremony! haha) Written as a stream of thought--98% of what I write is not based on any traditional forms of poetry. *Cool* *Cool* *Cool* *Cool* *Cool* *Cool*
© Copyright 2009 Losten Lyrix (lostenlyrix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625799-Love-Then-and-Now