*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627322-Omnisitters-part-one
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1627322
Omnistters was based on a dream. Read. =)


I’d read about them… magazines, books, even the internet. I heard about them from friends. My parents were always adamant that THEY DIDN’T EXIST. That they were just a figment of our imaginations…Omnisitters. They came in the night. (or in the late afternoon, in my case) Smuggling unsuspecting kids away… strange thing was, from what I’d heard… the kids always went willingly. It was like they WANTED to don plain skirts and jumpers and trousers and just… go.

That’s what I’d heard anyway. But that idea is weird. I mean… who would want to leave their electronics to go learn how to knit?

The people who came for the children were always kind. (apparently) They all used proper English and wore smiles 24/7…I think I would go crazy if I had to smile at all the assholes in the world. But this was their job. Take kids away, dress ‘em plain, smack em good… I really don’t know what purpose they had. All I thought was that they were lonely and wanted an old mansionful of children for company. But they could kidnap hobos or something…

Apparently, Omnisitters were wonderful. (I didn’t think so.) They all had some sort of medical training so any hiccup wasn’t problem. They never seemed to have any problems… except for me.



When my turn came… I didn’t want to leave. I liked my home, my school… my normal clothes!

The doorbell rang. I opened the door, and there, standing on my veranda, was a woman wearing a long pink skirt and a blue sort of sweater-vest thing. Oh her head she had the most unattractive white bonnet I’d ever seen. But then again, what bonnet is attractive on a grown woman?

“Charity, Honey?”

I raised my eyebrow at her.

“We don’t want any.” I said thinking that she was some sort of Mormon hawker.

She chuckled, proving that she wasn’t a Mormon, who wouldn’t take rejection like that.

“Of course you don’t, dear, but I’m not selling.” She said in a pleasant American accent… kind of dreamy and relaxing… Wait a minute, this wasn’t good. Keep your guard up…

“I have come for you, Charity.”

I must have turned a terrifying shade of white because she felt the need to say

“Don’t be afraid, Honey… I’m not here to hurt you. My name is Naomi.”

“But – but – but – you’re an..” I trailed off. This wasn’t happening.

“Yes.” she said Gently. “I must talk to your parents now.”

YES! my head thought. No way would Mum and Dad make me go with Naomi, the bonnet wearing freak.

She pushed past me to the inside corridor.

“Right this way.” I said sarcastically.

My parents were sitting on the back veranda.

“Mum, Dad, this is a crazy woman called Naomi and she wants me to go with her. She has requested chatting to you for a moment.”

My parents looked quizzical and Naomi looked bewildered.

As I turned to go shut the front door I gave her the most acidic glare I could muster.



I went into my bedroom and cranked the loudest, angriest music I could stand.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it, feeling sure that my parents would be standing there to tell me to get out there so they could throw Naomi out the door.

Mum wore the saddest expression that I’d ever seen her have on here face before. Oh no…

“Char, you have to go with her.”

I shook my head.

“No. No way.”

“Charity…”

“NO!” I yelled and threw myself on the bed.

“I’m not going with that random that you just met!”

“You have to, love. She’s an Omnisitter. She knows best.”

“But you said that they didn’t exist! You always said that!”

“Charity, I’m not going to argue with you. You are going with Naomi and you are going to behave.”

I rolled my eyes .

“Your father and I are going out. We’re going to say goodbye now.”

“But, you can’t!”

I was crying now.

“Please don’t leave me.”

“We have to. I love you and will miss you very much.”

“I’m not going.” I said, but she’d already turned and gone down the hall. I heard the car roar off some minutes later, and I stayed in my bedroom.

The door opened. Great, she hadn’t even bothered to knock.

“Charity, you’re being stubborn and silly.” Naomi said, looking stern with her hands on her hips. “There is nothing to be afraid of!” She cried.

I just glared at her.

“I’m going to get Mario In a minute.” She made this sound like a threat.

“Ooh, yeah, go get him. I’m really afraid of a person that has a name like a brand of spaghetti.”

I rolled over to face the wall. She sighed and left. In about a minute I heard heavy footsteps.

“Charity.” Said a new voice. A mans. He rolled the r in my name. Charrrrrrrity.

I turned around slowly, still lying down and fixed him with a glare… though it was hard. He was one of the nicest looking guys I’d ever seen. I gulped.

“Yes?” I squeaked.

“I feel you should reconsider about coming with us.”

“Well – um.. No.” I said, trying to gather up whatever courage I had left.

“I am afraid…” he swaggered into the room. “I shall have to take you to the car myself if you refuse to walk.”

I merely scowled at him.

“This is your last chance, Charity.” He still rolled my r and it sent tremors though my entire body.

I turned back over.

He sighed slightly.

I felt myself being lifted out of bed, and although I had expected it, it still caught me by surprise.

“Let me down!” I yelled, from my position facing over his shoulder. He carried me like a doll, with my legs around his side.

“Put me down!” I commanded as he walked out the door.

I really, really, REALLY didn’t want to leave.

“Please.” I said in a choked voice. “Please don’t make me go.” I said quietly.

He stopped walking.

“I don’t want to leave my room and my mummy and daddy and all my friends and toys… Please.”

I begged, tears forming in my eyes.

“I don’t want to leave my house and go somewhere strange where people don’t care or love me.”

He looked on me with pity and drew my head close to his chest.

“Shh… it is okay… we will care for you.”

I sniffed.

“Why can’t I take my stuff?”

“You will have new stuff in your new life, Little One.”

“I don’t want new stuff.” I said, pouting.

“Listen, I will tell you what.” He looked around. “You may take one item with you. Just one. Now go and choose.”

He set me on the ground and I re-entered my bedroom, crying again as I realised that this would be the last time I would see it. How was I going to pick just one thing?

Computer. No, too big. Violin? Guitar? Nar, Omnisitters probably didn’t allow music. Then my eyes fell on the perfect thing.

I picked it up and held it. It was soft. It was small. It was sentimental. (Aww)

I looked down into the teddy’s cute little face and I cried harder. I cried so hard that I had to sit down. So there I sat. On the ground, surrounded by old school uniforms… I had no idea that I’d never go to school in them again… Towels and other assorted trinkets coated the floor. I loved all the possessions in my little bedroom. I would miss them. A LOT. I hugged teddy tight as I cried. Tighter than I ever had, ever. Because I was more scared than ever.

The door opened.

Mario looked at me sitting on the floor and looked really sad.

I still cried to teddy as he picked me up like a doll again and he flipped the light switch one final time in my bedroom. He closed the door, the posters adorning it rattled. I wouldn’t be opening it ever again.





I didn’t say a word for about ten minutes in the car.

“I wanted to say sorry for the things I said about you, Naomi. But that doesn’t man I’m happy about going wherever we’re going.”

“I understand that, Honey. I’m sorry that you feel this way.”

I frowned, feeling worse than ever.

“Why do I have to come with you anyway? Where are going? What are you going to do with me?”

“Your questions will be answered in all due time, Little one. Just sit back and relax. We are not going to hurt you.” Said Mario.

“Unless you cause us grief, Charity. But that is expected with all children.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“What you talking about?” my voice wavering slightly. She chuckled.

“What happened to you when you were naughty at home, Honey?”

“I wasn’t naughty at home because I loved my parents and my life!”

“I find that rather difficult to believe. Wasn’t there just one time that you drove your parents over the edge? What did they do?”

“No, there hasn’t. I don’t get what you’re trying to get me to – Oh! No, my parents aren’t animals and they have never spanked me. Ever.”

“Charity, you don’t need to be embarrassed. Spankings are not bad, despite how much they hurt. Just because your parents did not do it, it does not make them good people. Charity, don’t you see? Denying naughty children of proper punishment is only hurting the child more, I’m sorry.”

“Damn right you bloody well should be! You come to my house, brainwash my parents, forcibly remove me from my room, throw me in the car, bad mouth my parents and tell me that every time I do something a little “naughty” you going to spank me for it?” I shook my head in disbelief.

“Did you think I’d be happy? Fuck, you people are more delusional than I thought.”

Naomi looked like an earthquake had hit her.

“Charity. We do not use language like that. Ever.” She slapped my hand. “Now, You are about three seconds away from having the car stopped and lying across Mario’s lap, do you understand me young lady? No more speech for the rest of the journey.”

How much further? I wanted to ask so badly, but I couldn’t.

“We only have 15 minutes to go. Just relax, Honey.” She said as if reading my mind.

I sighed lay back in my seat.









Exactly 12 minutes later, the car stopped. I know, I counted. I didn’t have anything else to do other than abuse Naomi but that would find me “across Mario’s lap.”



I started to weep. Not cry, as such, you know… just sat there mumbling and letting tears seep out of my eyes, which I’d closed tightly in a futile attempt to stop tears from spilling over.

“Please… just let me go home…” I whispered.

The car stopped and I was startled out of my skin.

Mario had pulled over and the car was now stationary on the side of the road next to a few tall buildings.

Mario got out of the car and started making his way over to my side. Naomi got out of the car also. I was sitting closest to the road.

“No, Please, I’m sorry I talked…” I tried to say, but it was muffled by the door, and they couldn’t hear me. Mario opened my door and I started to cry again.

“No, please… don’t hurt me! I swear I didn’t mean to talk!” I was inching my way along the seat.

“I don’t.. I swear I’ll be quiet, just don’t hurt me!”

Mario and Naomi gave each other puzzled looks.

“We’re not trying to hurt you, Honey.” Said Naomi, resuming her patient and lyrical voice.

I looked up at them and the tears coming out of my eyes gradually ceased.

“What?” I asked.

“We have arrived at your new home, although we do have a bit of a walk ahead of us.”

I broke into fresh tears at the mention of both the words “home” and “walk.”This wasn’t my HOME and I certainly wasn’t going to WALK there!

Mario took pity on me. again.

“Dry your tears, little one. I am here to look after you.” And he leant in and put his arms around me to pick me up. I put my arms around his neck and buried my head in his chest. I continued to cry.

He patted my head and we started to walk. Mario’s coat was lovely and warm as it was snowing. The sky was darkening as the sun had departed.

Naomi, who was walking in front of us, was right. There was a long walk ahead. On a couple of occasions I asked if he was tired.

“It is fine, Little One.” he replied.

“Here we are!” cried Naomi some time later.

There was a fence. It was tall and iron-wrought. The lawn after the fence was green and there were a couple of gardens full of flowers.

Then, I saw the house, or rather, the mansion. It was at least four stories tall and it was old.

Naomi opened the gate and went inside. Mario set me down on the inside and gave me a little nudge. Before I started to walk up the cobbled path, I turned back and gave him a long, furious hug.

“Go, Little one.” I walked up the path and Mario followed.

When we reached the door, Naomi announced

“Well, this is it.” And unlocked the door.





The first thing I saw when Naomi opened the door was a fireplace. With an actual fire in it. Weird. The walls were painted light dusty pink and a couple of tasteful pictures hung on the walls. It looked nice, I had to admit.

A woman dressed as a nurse bustled over to the door where Naomi, Mario and I stood, covered in snow. Although I wasn’t as wet as the others, the nurse-woman and straight up to me and started mothering-mode.

“Greetings, my dear. I trust you had a pleasant journey. But goodness, you are soaking wet! Come, we must complete your exams and get you cleaned up. Then, it is time for bed. You must be exhausted, dear!”

She clicked in the air and Mario picked me up again. We followed the Nurse-woman. She knew her way around. We went through a couple of charming rooms, one containing many women dressed in similar ensembles. They sat in armchairs daintily and they all knitted. Oh crap. I was terrible at knitting.

Nurse-Woman backed into and door that didn’t have a handle, so it swung on its hinges. She held the door open and Mario carried me inside.

It was dressed up to look like a doctor’s office. With an exam table and shelves full of assorted other medical doodads. Mario set me on top of the exam table. He left and I got worried.

“Wait, wait a minute…” I started to say, but nurse-woman (sounds like a superhero! Supernurse? Ok, that’s her new name) began undoing the buttons on the coat I was wearing. The coat was Mario’s.

“Arms.” She said, and I put them up in the air.

“Hey!” I said when she removed my shirt, leaving me wearing only a bra. I covered myself up.

“Do not worry, child, I have seen much more in my lifetime.” Wow. She really was Supernurse.

I let my hands drop. She took my pants too so I was sitting there without any clothes and I was starting to feel embarrassed.

“Just relax, Child. The Doctor will be along soon.”

I started to feel incredibly nervous and I wished Mario would come back, even though that meant he would see my Elvis knickers.

“D-Doctor?” I stammered. I hated doctors. They were all so scary and I hated everything that they do.

“Yes, we need to give you a medical examination. Do not worry, child. He will not hurt you.”

I didn’t believe her. All my past instances has hurt. A lot. A bloody lot at that.

The door opened and in walked a man in a medical coat. He was holding his hands up in front of him as if he’d just washed them and was trying to keep them sterile.

The man was Mario.

“Mario?” I said in disbelief.

“Yes, Little One. I am a Doctor.” I shuddered.

“But… but… you’re… nice!” I said… not quite believing it.

He laughed.

“Thank you, Little One. Now… are you going to be better behaved for me than you were earlier today?”

“I had no idea she misbehaved, Doctor.” Said Supernurse, and she gave me what appeared to be a very well-rehearsed stern look. Oh shizz… Supernurse was going to be an obstacle.

“How bad was she?” She said, clearly thinking I should be ‘punished.’ Oh. How scary. Not.

“Nothing to worry about, Nurse Susan. She was just scared I think.” He told her as he reached for two gloves. He put them on, and he was the only one I’d ever seen or heard of that didn’t purposely make his gloves snap just to scare the bejeezus out of the ‘patient.’

He walked and stood so he was standing in front of me.

“Am I to understand that you do not like Doctors?” he asked me.

I nodded my head.

I probably nodded too hard because he said,

“Do not worry, Little One. I will not hurt you. I am a nice Doctor.”

I nodded. Again.

Well, it was true. He didn’t hurt, but parts of it were embarrassing. I had to lie back on the table while he felt around for random lumps.

“How did you acquire these?” he asked, gesturing towards the bruises around my eyes.

I laughed, which I assume he, or Supernurse didn’t expect.

“Fights…” I said.

“ah. “ he said. “School fights?”

“Some guy came over to me and then said to his friend “Hey look! There’s the chick with the bigger penis than you!” and.. well…” I trailed off. “He was a year younger than me so he had no business saying shit like that.”

Mario quickly took my wrist and slapped my hand.

“We do not use language like that, Little One, even when we are angry.”

“…Sorry.” I said.

He put some sort of cream on my bruises and plasters on my cuts. He stepped away to the sink for a moment, preparing something and then discussing with Supernurse.

“Little One, please lie on your tummy now.” I did, but I couldn’t help feeling that nothing good would come of it.

He looked back at me, and appeared guilty for a second. We walked over and stood next to me while Supernurse took the other side.

“Charrrrrrrity, I know I said I wouldn’t hurt you and I stand by that, but the history that Naomi took from you parents says that you haven’t been vaccinated against anything on our checklist. You must have your needles now.”

My eyes got wide.

“No – Please, I can’t, i-“

He shushed me.

“Please little one, please behave.”

“Plus dear, you know what happens to naughty girls around here.” Aar. Okay, that made me angry. Really angry. Surprisingly angry.

“Can’t you see I’m scared, you bitch? Do you even care? Not all of us are needle junkies, Supernurse, so leave me the fuck alone!” I yelled at her. I hated it when people reminded me what happened to ‘naughty girls.’ People didn’t need to remind me because I WASN’T a naughty girl. I guess my only problem was swearing. …and what a problem it became… I guess it was stupid because I was laying face down on a table, wearing only undies…

Mario brought his hand down on my bottom, Hard. And he continued to hit my arse.

“Charrrrrrrity, *bang* I know how *crash* scared you are, but that is no *smack* excuse *slap* for rudeness *ker-bang* and bad language. *double slap* Now, please say you are sorry to Nurse Susan and we will talk about this incident later.”

I sighed.

“I’m sorry, Sup-“ I stopped myself. “I’m sorry Nurse Susan, I’m just scared and alarmed.”

I said this quietly.

“That is quite alright, Charity.”

“Now, Little One. You only have six to take, and I swear they won’t hurt as much in your bottom as they would in your arm.”

I looked up at him doubtfully.

“Just relax, Little One. It will soon be over.”

He pulled up one side of my panties and went over to the bench to start fixing the needles.

A few moments of silence passed before I talked.

“I’m sorry I swore and yelled…” I whispered.

“Needles are never fun, Dear. I understand.” And she patted my hair.

“Okay, Little One. Take a deep breath in.”

I did, but nothing could prepare me for the sharpness of the needle.

“Ow!” I cried out for all six of them, especially the last one.

“Why did the last one hurt so bad?” I asked, my knuckles turning white on the table.

“That was tetanus. It is notoriously painful.”

I put my head down on the table.

“You did well, Little One. Take a moment to rest and sit back up for me.”

I sighed and lay my head down for a full five minutes before I sat up, winced at the pain in my arse and looked at the floor. He did a few more tests then stripped his gloves off.

“I am a nice Doctor, right?”

“Well, my Doctors don’t usually spank me.” I said, not looking him in the eye.

“Well, you don’t usually swear at your nurses, do you?”

I shook my head.

“That is a relief to know. I know you don’t like being called a naughty girl, but I am sad to say that is what you are behaving like.”

I was quiet for a second.

“Am I?” I asked.

He looked at me.

“You cannot honestly tell me that you think you didn’t deserve what happened earlier?”

I shook my head.

“Fine, I deserved it.” I said quietly.

“And have you learnt your lesson, Charrrrrrrity?” he looked into my eyes.

I nodded.

“Yes, Sir.” I have no idea where the sir came from, it just seemed the appropriate thing to say.

He leant over and gave me a long, warm hug.

“Good. Now, you get some sleep, little one. I will see you in the morning.”

And he left.

Susan started bustling automatically. She changed my bra and knickers and gave me a long white nightgown which I slipped over my head.

“Mario is a kind man.” Said Susan. “You like him?” she asked.

I nodded.

“He is your male monitor.” She said, and I looked at her.

“Pardon?”

“All the children here are paired up with two older children to take care of them. It is one way to combat homesickness.”

I was puzzled.

“But, he’s not a child…”

She nodded.

“Yes, dear, he is. Only sixteen.”

I didn’t believe her.

“A sixteen year old doctor?”

She nodded.

“He has trained with the finest. You are in safe hands, Child.”

“Who’s my female monitor?” I asked.

She chuckled.

“In all due time, my dear.”

© Copyright 2009 LunacyCerulean (lunacycerulean at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627322-Omnisitters-part-one