*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627330-Petticoats-and-Undershirts
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Family · #1627330
this story is about two young people... their love, and some troublesome babysitters.
I suppose if I told this story you’d just think I was strange... Thanks for that. Yeah. Its not exactly my fault, okay? Well, I’ll tell you the short version of the story.. cause I can’t really be bothered to go into that much detail for people who are just going to call me strange anyway.

My name is Camille. I’m 14. :D nice to meet you. Okay, on with the story.

I have a boyfriend, right. His name is Kyle, and he’s a sweetheart and I love him and all that, but this isn’t really a love story. His dad is like a business person… that’s the only way I can describe it without getting confused. My parents work for the same company. So they all went away on this big trip thing together.. (Supposedly for business but I’m not sure how their business fits in with the beach in Cancun.)

So my mother and father had planned this big trip… and they were so excited. Yeah, excited to get away from me. -.- it got to three days before they were due to leave, and they got a call from Kyle’s dad… and he were asking where I was going to stay for all this time. (they were going to be gone for about two months) Me coming with them wasn’t an option apparently. Didn’t want me to get in the way of all “the business.” So Kyle’s family said that they had booked a really professional babysitter/nanny/au pair for him and we could have the number if we wanted to. My parents rang up the number and had a bunch of interviews with these various nannies while I was at school. Typical. Completely typical. I didn’t even have a say in who I was going to stay with for the next two months. So they told me they’d picked a chick called Liz and she was really nice and that I’d have a completely wonderful time with her. “Oh yes, she’s young and pretty and you two will hit it off straight away, I’m sure.”*Kiss Kiss, goodbye, off to bed to wake up bright and early* type of thing. My parents have never even liked me. To me, young and pretty does NOT suggest practicality. It suggests inexperience. I had my doubts about this woman.

So Liz came over with all her stuff the next morning. The morning my parents were due to leave at around 11. (Its funny, every single vacation I’d been on, we had to leave at 2 in the morning. No getting up at night for parents, I guess.)

Liz walked through the door at more or less the same time my parents walked out of it.

I’d gotten my goodbye last night.

I looked up at her warily. Yeah, she was pretty. Like really pretty. Uber pretty even.

“Hi.” She said, smiling at me. It didn’t sound like a fake bright greeting to me.. sounded quite pleasant, actually.

“Er, Hi.”

“Why didn’t your parents say goodbye?”

I rolled my eyes.

“I am just an afterthought to them. They said a brief goodbye last night, which was for them, positively gushing.”

She looked confused.

“Why?”

I just shrugged.

“God.” She said. “What horrible people.” She shuddered. ‘Don’t worry, I’ll look after you.”

So I helped her put her stuff away. She had a lot of dresses. Like, little dolly dresses. Dolly dresses that were not about to fit her. They looked… my size.

I took the dresses from her and I put them away in my cupboard. She’d also given me some really cute Mary janes, an armload of petticoats. and the weirdest pant-and-shirt combinations I’d ever seen. Liz then explained to me that they were underwear. I looked at her. Then I realised that they were bloomers. Bloomers and these weird reinforced undershirt things that I had to wear instead of knickers and bras.



“Okay, so you have your new clothes…”

I cut her off with a hurried:

“New clothes?”

“Yes, you are to wear these now. And I would thank you not to cut me off.” Although the words were stern, she giggled.

“You’re going to make me wear the clothes even if I didn’t want to?”

She nodded.

“its kind of the policy of our childcare service.. We place importance on discipline and obedience. And as for the dresses, one of our mottos is: A well dressed child is a well behaved child.”

I just looked at her.

“So.. I have to dress like this.. every day?”

She nodded.

“Yes, you do.”

“Even at school?”

As soon as the words left my lips, I realised that I have a school uniform.

“Don’t worry.” I cut her off when her mouth opened.

She looked at me sternly.

“Are you going to be a well-behaved child?” she asked, with that murmur of a giggle still in her voice.

“I don’t know, maybe.”

“Well, honey, I can tell you, we’ll both have a more enjoyable time if you’re a good girl.”



Yeah, it was weird.

But It got even weirder. One afternoon, a Saturday, she dressed me up one of the dresses, complete with little bowed socks and shiny shoes. She then proceeded to lead me out the door and down the street. We walked a fair way, to a destination that I had no idea of.

We stopped outside Kyle’s house.

Liz walked up onto the stoop and rang the bell.

“What are we doing here?” I hissed under my breath. Part of me didn’t want him to see me dressed like such a fool… then I realised, his dad was the one who recommended Liz’s agency to me in the first place… meaning that Kyle would have a babysitter as well… a babysitter who would make him dress…

The door opened to reveal Kyle, standing there, wearing these ridiculously short pants, braces, and a white short sleeved shirt.

I couldn’t contain a laugh. I fell over and I laughed so hard. Liz grabbed my hand, and gave me the most foreboding look ever. I stopped laughing immediately and looked at my shoes.

“Good afternoon, Kyle. May we come in?” asked Liz. I looked at my shoes and avoided his eyes.

Kyle opened the door wider so we could fit inside. I shuffled inside after Liz, and I was still looking at my toes. They were so shiny I could see myself.

A really tall man came out into the foyer-ish area of the house, and I swear Liz’s eyes just lit up.

“Dean?” she asked, as if she didn’t believe it.

She dropped her bag and ran to the man and wrapped him in the biggest hug I have ever seen.

“Oh my gosh…” she murmured.

The Dean guy hugged back.

“Hey…” said Kyle, to me, in an undertone. “Come into the den.”

I followed him, my petticoats swung against my legs.

“This is so weird!” I exclaimed when we were at a safe distance.

“What the hell is happening here?!” I asked.

“I think they know each other…” he observed.

“No, I mean, why are you dressed like this? Why am I here?”

“Don’t you want to be here?”

“You know I do… I just..I’m fucking scared. Kyle?”

“Camille..?”

“What the hell is going on?”



So I spent a lot of time over at Kyle’s. Not particularly cause I wanted to, but cause Liz wanted to see Dean. I hadn’t previously spent a lot of time over there. So I found myself getting lost. Eventually, I could find my way around Kyle’s giant mansion-esque house almost as well as my own.



Here was the thing about Both Liz and Dean. They both came from an agency that was big on discipline, if you remember. I didn’t think much about what this “discipline” could mean. Well, that’s not true, really. I didn’t think much about it at first. But then I was concerned. And worried. I haven’t really been a badly behaved girl… that’s probably why I have never been spanked. Even the word makes me cringe. So it got weirder.

The story that follows is weird on so many levels.



I was at my house… just lolling about in my bedroom, wearing a dress and one of those itchy petticoats. Okay, I wasn’t really just lolling about. Liz had sent me to my room because I had been snapping at her all afternoon and apparently I needed to cool off.

Liz poked her head in the door.

“Dean and Kyle are coming over for dinner.” She announced.

I looked up from the book I was reading. I wasn’t particularly excited. I wasn’t looking forward to the prospect of donning an apron and toiling away in the kitchen while my boyfriend and babysitters boyfriend sat there waiting for me to bring them their food.

So, when I received this news, its no wonder that I groaned.

I had to go downstairs and set the table while Liz cooked up some elaborate feast. I had just flopped down onto the carpet in the living room when the doorbell rang.

“Camille, answer that, will you?”

I groaned again and dragged myself off the floor and down the hallway.

I flung the door open with a sort of “Mm?” noise.

Dean and Kyle, of course, were standing there.

“Hi.” Murmured Kyle.

“Hi. Come in.” I said tiredly.

They came into the house and I shut the door behind them.

“Follow me.” I said, stalking up the hallway.

As I came into the kitchen, I swept my arms up into a grand introduction, and said

“May I present to you, Kyle and… this other guy.”

‘The other guy’ laughed, whereas Liz wore a look of disbelief.

“Dean, Camille. His name is Dean.”

“Fine, Dean.” I said. I was still talking in the same, tired tone of voice.

Dean and Liz both shared a look.

“Camille, why don’t you take Kyle into the living room and wait for dinner?”

I turned and walked off, grabbing Kyle’s hand and pulling him with me.

I flopped down onto the carpet in the living room and sighed a sigh, deep and heavy.

“What’s up with you?” asked Kyle.

“Nothing.” I muttered.

“Yeah, you’re a really shit liar.” He said.

I just looked at him.

“Come on, tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing, really… I’m just in kind of a bad mood…I think I’m in trouble.” I admitted.

“Oh…” he said, and put his arms around me. “Its okay, seriously.” He kissed me on the cheek.

I closed my eyes for a minute.

So we just randomly talked for about half an hour. Liz called out:

“Camille! Kyle! Dinner!”

I couldn’t believe that I didn’t have to serve the men first! Maybe Dean wasn’t sexist.

Kyle and I walked into the kitchen where Liz was bustling around with plates and pots.

Kyle asked if she needed a hand and they both disappeared into the kitchen.

I felt tired again and I sat down in one of the places at the table.

“Camille?” asked Dean.

I looked up at him.

“That’s a beautiful name.” he said.

Its embarrassing, but I think I blushed.

“Thanks.” I said quietly.

“I hope you don’t mind me asking, is anything wrong? You’re awfully quiet.”

“I’m fine.” I said quietly.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.” I said louder, with a touch of annoyance in my voice. I added a seemingly silent “geez” to the sentence. I leant back in my chair with a definite thump. I felt Dean observing me, but I wouldn’t look at him.

Kyle and Liz both emerged from the kitchen carrying plates. Kyle sat one down in front of me and placed a small kiss on my forehead. Even though I had my angry shoes on today, I felt my bad mood soften a bit. He was so lovely.

I picked up my fork and speared a potato. I got ready to put it in my mouth, but I didn’t make it that far, as Liz scolded me.

“Camille, wait until everyone is ready!”

I did something so stupid… I bit the potato whole, off my fork, pushed back my chair, and declared:

“Fine. I’m not hungry anyway.”

I stood up and stalked towards the doorway.

“Camille.” Said Liz.

I stopped and glared at her.

“What?”

“Please go wait in your room until you feel you can be civil.”

I rolled my eyes and stomped up the stairs.





I slammed the door to my bedroom, ripped my stupid petticoats off, threw them against the wall and flopped down onto the bed. Great. Now I was in trouble. Well, no harm in finding out. I grabbed my phone off the dressing table and sent a message to Kyle:



Am I officially dead?



A minute later, I received a reply.

Yeah, they keep giving each other looks and nodding. Not sure wot that means.



Fuck… 



Um, they’ve just sent me out of the dining room to watch TV… Either they’re making out or discussing you. I’ll turn the TV down really quiet, k? See what I can hear.



Oh your fucking God I love you.



Nah, they aren’t making out.



-.-



Well, I can hear some muffled voices and I’m pretty sure I heard the word “Camille.” So you’re definitely the topic.



:’( I don’t like being in trouble. I probz shouldn’t message anymore. //



Okays, I’ll try to enjoy this TV… any televisual entertainment isn’t the same without you. Love ya.



I felt like crying. Gosh, he was so lovely! So, I sat on my bed. Feeling so incredibly sad… and even a bit scared. It was then that I first realised that both Liz and Dean came from a babysitting agency that was big on discipline.

Owe shit. I was in more trouble than I thought.



I sat on the edge of my bed for what seemed like forever. I watched my clock tick past… it was going so slow… it seemed it would never tick over. I heard footsteps down the hallway and I was positive that my heart dropped out of my chest. I swallowed hard and looked at the rug that was on the floor. Part of it is covered up by my bed, as if it is hiding from something frightening… something it can’t get away from. Kind of like me… except I had nowhere to hide. My feet swung above the rug… my legs were too short to reach the floor. I hadn’t bothered to take off my marry janes… so I still wore them. The toes were still shiny.

I had to concentrate hard on my breathing so It didn’t turn frantic. If that happened, I’d probably burst into tears.

The door opened.

Dean stepped through the doorframe and closed the door behind him.

“Oo-kay…” he said slowly. “I am guessing you’re not having a very good day.”

He walked into the room.

“Yeah…” I said softly.

Dean knelt at my feet and began gently unbuckling one of my Mary janes. It is amazing how something so simple as unbuckling a shoe can look so graceful.

He cupped the heel of the shoe with his hand and placed the other on my ankle. Then, softly, ever so softly, he took the shoe off and set it aside. He repeated this series of actions with my other foot.

He peeled off my little socks with the bows and set them aside as well. He looked at me as he rose, but my eyes were still firmly placed on the rug at my feet.

He sat on the bed next to me.

“We all have bad days.” He said. “The secret is knowing how to behave when we do.”

On these words, he turned and placed his hands under my underarms. In one smooth movement, he had pulled me facedown over his lap. I was so surprised that I didn’t do or say anything but gasp. I felt him pull up my dress. Now, I got worried.

“Hey! What- what are you doing?!” I asked, trying frantically to wriggle away from him.

“I think that’s obvious, honey.” He said. He had now clamped one arm around my back, which made trying to get away even more difficult.

“But… I –“

“Shh, sweetie. Its okay. You just need to calm down.”

“Calm down?!” I shouted. “How do you expect me to calm down? Are you a complete idiot?!”

He brought one of his hands down onto my trembling bottom, hard.

“That is the kind of talk that will earn you premature smacks.” He said warningly.

Ok, that hurt. I didn’t want anymore. I started wiggling and trying to get away, pleading

“Please don’t… you can’t… i…”

“I can’t?” he asked. “On the contrary, little one. You need me to do this.”

He was talking to me as if I was a child. But I don’t think 14 is that young! Its not! And now he had turned me over his lap like a naughty little girl. That’s what he seemed to think I was.

“You were naughty today… and naughty little girls need to be taught right from wrong.”

Right then, he started actually punishing me. He smacked me, over and over again… until my arse was hurting so bad.

“Stop… please stop…” I begged him throughout the whole thing.

“Its not fair!” I moaned into the duvet cover.

“H’m?” he asked. “What’s not fair, pet?”

“You aren’t even my babysitter! You weren’t here today! Why are you doing this? Its not your job!”

On these words, I kicked my legs harder and bucked and attempted to pull away.

“I think it is my job, honey. Your family at the moment, is you and Liz. And Kyle’s family is him and I. You are involved with him… so that means, you are involved with me, whether you like it or not.”

All through that wall of text, he was spanking me. He had been doing it for the entire time!

By now, I was crying and bawling and still trying to get away from his hand.

I was completely helpless. I couldn’t go anywhere.

“Still with me, sweetie?” he asked.

I sniffed.

“Yeah.” I said.

“I hope you’re thinking of appropriate things.”

What should I be thinking of? Why was I here… I was pissy today…so I was all grumpy when Liz told me they were coming over… I thought about what I said at dinner. Owe geez. I was rude. And when I brought them inside, I called him “This other guy.” But I still didn’t understand why he was the one doing this to me!

“A-appropriate?” I asked.

“Yes… what should you be thinking about?” he asked. Well, I knew this one.

“What I did.” I said.

“H’m? Okay… what was that, honey?”

“I…”

His spanks has slowed down, both in speed and in force, but as soon as I faltered, he gave me one that was REALLY hard. Well, maybe it wasn’t that hard, but it sure felt like it.

“Its okay, take your time.”

“I… was rude at dinner, and even though I knew your name I called you this other guy… and I slammed the door and walked away from dinner-“ I was rambling cause I was scared, and on top of everything, sorry.

“Okay, sweetie, its okay… just calm down.” He had stopped in between spanks to pat my bottom. I’m not sure why, but… it felt.. good. Comforting.

“I- I’m sorry…” I said.

“And that, is what I was waiting for.” He said, and his hand stopped. Even though he wasn’t hurting me anymore, I was still crying.

“Its okay…its all over now, shhh. Its okay.” He was still talking to me as if I was a little girl. Now, it wasn’t so bad. It was sort of soothing.

He flipped me over so I was sitting face up in his arms. He wrapped his arms around me in the most giant hug I have ever had. We stayed like that for a long time.



I woke up to Kyle’s steady breathing. He was lying there on my bed, eyes wide open, arms folded, legs stretched out.

I was lying on my side, and embarrassingly, clutching a teddy bear in my arms.

“You are so adorable when you sleep.” He said.

I yawned.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Just after nine.” He responded. “Why?”

“it feels like I slept for ages…”

“Well, you’ve been sleeping for about two hours.”

“Oh, right.”

I rolled over onto my stomach and stretched out.

“Jesus, Camille! What happened to your ass?!” Kyle asked suddenly. I reached back and felt… I had no underwear or anything on my bottom half.

“Oh…” I said, trying to act nonchalant as I rolled back onto my side. Kyle caught me before I could, and kept me on my stomach. He touched my bottom with the back of his hand, and I felt for the first time since waking up how much my arse hurt.

“Oww…” I whimpered softly, trying to wriggle away.

“What did he do to you?” he asked, full of alarm.

“Nothing!” I said, a bit annoyed and discomfited.

“He obviously did something. He wouldn’t be able to reduce you tears just by talking.”

“He didn’t reduce me to tears.”

“Okay, here are more reasons why you’re a shit liar.

1. Your eyes are red.

2. Your pillow is wet.

3. Your ass is the most alarming shade of red I have ever seen. That obviously hurt. You cry at much less levels of pain.”

I scowled at him.

“Sorry, but its true. Okay, um…

4. There are tear track marks on your cheeks, and most of all…

5. I could hear you crying from downstairs.” He finished pointedly.



“Just… don’t worry.”

“Yeah, Camille. I’m worried.”

“Well, you shouldn’t be!”

“Just tell me. What did he do to you?”

“He…he…” I stammered.

“He is the king of France? He can run faster than Jesse Owens? He likes Simon and Garfunkel? What?!”

“He spanked me, okay?!” I said angrily.

“He spanked you.” He repeated.

I nodded into my pillows, which I was now burying my face in.

“Hurt too.” I mumbled.

“Yeah, I’ll bet it did. Have you seen how red this is?”

I shook my head.

“Are you okay, Camille?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

He shook his head.

“Fuck.”

“What?” I asked, leaning up.

“What a fucking asshole.”

“He’s not…”

“He is! Look what he did to you!”

I was silent for a second.

“…I deserved it.”

“What?! How can you say you deserved it?”

“Do I really have to say what I did again? He made me tell him too.”

“No, you don’t. But you’re acting like its no big deal.”

“Its not, really.” I blushed.

“Fuck, I am so pissed. I mean, I could understand if you’d done something big, I mean, Jesus, I’d be tempted to do it myself, but all you did was slam a door!”

“Maybe he just need a reason to show me what would happen if I did do bad things.”

“Fuck…” he said under his breath.

“Please don’t be angry with me.” I said in a small voice.

“Camille. I’m not angry with you.”

He slid under the blankets, dodged a couple of stuffed animals and looked at me.

“I could never be this angry about something that you did.” He said and kissed me on the nose.

© Copyright 2009 LunacyCerulean (lunacycerulean at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627330-Petticoats-and-Undershirts