*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627551-Blind-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1627551
When one past blinds them to the future possibilities.
Blind Love
By Karen

A stubborn moon refuses to light the never-ending darkness,
Instead, it hides behind the torrid clouds of another lonely night.
Hiding the beauty of its glistening rays like a frightened child cowers from nightmares.
Fear is the enemy of a friendless heart, forcing a life into a state of isolation.
I wish you could see through the storm, hear the beauty of your own words, and feel the music within your soul.
It sings to me a silent tune hidden behind your eyes, pulling me, drowning me in its depths.
Without hesitation, I will jump.
Forever I will fall in love with you.
You are the flame upon my wick, burning beneath my skin, boiling in my very blood.
Restless fantasies tug at my mind, gnawing needs, disastrous desires.
Why can’t I get you out of my mind?
We met by chance, two hearts who, for a moment walked the same path.
Could you see me, walking beside you?
Or are you so blinded by anger I appear as nothing more than a faded resemblance of lost love.
Please tell me it isn’t true, tell me you feel my song, hear my words.
Don’t give up on this…on me.
Don’t let go.
My hand is here for you to take.
My strength is yours to embrace.
Like the stars that surround the hovering moon, protecting it from the threat of utter darkness,
I promise to light your way through the fear of what’s to come.
We’ll do this together, just you and me.
We’ll stroll across the thin ice that paves the road of destiny with courage and hope.
Supporting each other, growing closer with each successful step, taking our journey where we were always meant to be, at each others side.
© Copyright 2009 kdfriedrich (fkarensday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627551-Blind-Love