*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627553-Loves-prison
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1627553
When the thought of a person consumes you
Love’s Prison
By Karen

If I could wrap you in my arms, then I would know the truth.
I’d know if it’s for real this time.
Days go by quick and hard like a river after a storm, swallowing our chances, eroding our banks with regret.
Yet I’ll never apologize for caring about you.
I mistake nothing in your eyes or in your carefully chosen words.
You pretend it doesn’t matter, nothing matters
You lie to yourself and you lie to me.
Don’t push me away as you have done so often, tossing aside my compassion for a dark corner in your mind.
You think your light has died, yet it has sought me out like a viper slithering in the shadows, cunning, striking quick, and then consuming all sense of reason.
I welcome your spirit, a lost love finally come home, cradling it with tenderness.
Let me hold you, surround you, touch you as no one else has.
Allow me to lift you above the line you have set.
Don’t be afraid of fate or diminish the time we shared
Though I know it’s what you want, it’s easier that way.
But when has something easy ever offered such passion.
When has simplicity ever made heat course through your veins or flutter a once still heart?
Taking a chance without weighing the risks will reap the best rewards.
Yet you must be willing to jump.
© Copyright 2009 kdfriedrich (fkarensday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627553-Loves-prison