*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1628105-The-Sunrise
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1628105
Random story, think of it what you may.
I lay on the cold grass, as the dew soaks through my clothing, only chilling my bones further. The bright, plentiful stars above seem to taunt me with their beauty -- and their distance. I was breathing quickly and heavily as the pain was growing. I could only clutch my chest as I stared up at the dark, vast sky. I made the greatest effort just to keep my eyes open; to keep myself alive, but I was no longer sure how long my will could hold out. I could feel the cold, boney fingers of death, scratching at the walls of my heart's chambers. As I lay, for what seems to be milennia of agony, the sky begins to brighten. For the first time in hours, my chest felt light. Over the far horizon of grassy hills, the large, beautiful half-circle of hazy orange and red began to arise. I watched as the sun came up over the hills, trimuphant in another revoltuion around the world. I gave a small but honest smile as I shut my eyes and the sun's warmth caressed my cheeks. In my last moments, I felt the gentle heat around me, warming my previously chilled body. Finally, I had seen my final sunrise.
© Copyright 2009 Bobbehthewriter (robertpz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1628105-The-Sunrise