*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629226-Teenagehood
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #1629226
The change undergone when a chid grows into...
    The innocence in her voice and eyes, is what you question. The joy of cuddling her in your arms is what you long for. That whole-hearted singing laughter is what you ache to hear. The whole truth about her worries is what you wish she'll tell you.

    Her genuine feelings are what you want revealed... inquisitive questions, inquiring eyes, innocent thoughts that accompany childhood are rapidly leaving her....(for crying out loud)..... You wish the hands of times would go back to the times when she used to be very playful, not minding if she made a fool of herself, the times when she wasn't self-conscious and bordered about boys. The times when her words truly and really mirrored her thoughts.

    The times when you would have to bathe and dress her up, when you chose what she wore on any occasion. When you did her hair and spoon-fed her, when you had to check on her every night to make sure she was alright. Times when you held her hand in the park, when she bounced around without a care. When she cried out aloud when upset.

    You wish she wasn't so grown and reserved, and sometimes you sit wondering where those times flew to. You think back to her early years and childhood days, the happy memories and even times when you wished she would grow up.
      Right now you think you want your baby back not your quiet teenager. I tell you that one day, you will wish that your child was a teenager again. If we keep wishing, we might miss out on the present stage, so why don't you enjoy your little girl's teenage-hood before it slips away?, because the young shall grow... She'll soon start handling bills!! 
                   
                    by Nmeli Anene
© Copyright 2009 Chiangel (nmelichukwu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629226-Teenagehood