*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630851-Who-am-I
Rated: E · Fiction · Nonsense · #1630851
A conversation with 'me' and 'myself'. 'I' is writing down what is said.
"Alright, lets get started here. First of all, who are you?"

"Well, before I answer that question, I must know if my name is who I am or is it what I do and feel that makes me who I am? Let us assume that name does not matter since there could be a thousand different people with the same name, but all would be different."

"Point taken, continue."

"I am a man who has ideas, but rarely writes them down. I am someone who has thoughts, but does not speak them. I am a person who has dreams, but seldom follows them."

"Insightful, but I have the feeling that this is almost like the bit with your name, what you just said could apply to many people."

"Ah, true. Let us narrow it down some more. I am a man who has decided to take these ideas and turn them into words. I am someone who has thoughts, and will now speak them. I am a person who has dreams, and will make them real."

"Wait, wait, wait. One moment you describe yourself as someone who doesn't act on things, but now you are describing yourself as someone who does. Could you elaborate?"

"Certainly. What I should of said was 'I was once a man...' For now I am the man who will act on things. Someone who has take a vow to change how he acts and how he views the world."

"I'd have to say that's pretty bold."

"Bold if you compare it to the way people act normally, but it should be something people do normally."

"Ah ha! You are an idealist!"

"Only to the extent that I have ideas on how things should be in life."

"Ha ha. Very good. So, tell us more about yourself."

"If a man defines himself by his company, then I am a man defined by his wife. She is a person who sees the good in all people, but will not hesitate to tell things how they are if needed. She is someone who is kind, loyal, and, above all, loving. Since we are going with the idea that I am defined by her, then I feel that I at least share some of these talents."

"From the sounds of it, you'd never hear the end of it if you didn't at least have 'loving' and 'loyal'!"

"Ah yes, I am happy to say that I am both of those. I'd also have to say I have humor as well. Humor is like wine, some people like some flavors, but not others, while other people will like the complete opposite. I believe that my humor is usually described as 'dry' and 'a groaner'. I may of also heard it called 'bad', too, but I try not to dwell on that."

"I've also heard that a person can be described by what they do. Could you tell us more about how you spend your time?"

"Sure. A majority of my time is taken by two activities I'd like to call 'work' and 'sleep'. Now since most of my time is taken by these two activities, it is odd that they nearly share polar opposites in how I view them. Sleep I love, and wish I could do more of, and work I don't care for too much and wish I could do less of. Although work does have one thing going for it, it provides money. That in itself is a good thing."

"Ah, so it is. Tell us more about this work that you do."

"My job used to consist of telling people what their problems are. Usually I could tell them the truth of what I saw, such as 'your computer is bad' or 'the wiring in your house is bad', but other times I could not tell them the real truth of things, such as 'you have no clue what you are doing' or 'you couldn't listen to instructions if your life depended on it'. Now my job consists of finding things that have fallen out in error and fix them before the people I used to talk to find out."

"Sounds interesting. So tell us what else you do besides work and sleep."

"I like to entertain myself through technology. Computers, TV, video games. Those are my entertainment triad. I don't go out much, but I am highly entertained through technology. I'll play on my computer, I'll fix my computer, I'll tinker with my computer. I'll watch TV, I'll learn through TV, I'll laugh at all those idiots on TV. And with video games, I enjoy the gambit from simple time wasters to full fledged RPGs. Sad thing is, I rarely finish what I start as far as video games go. And as far as sleep goes, you can assume that I do that with my wife."

"I'm sure that is something that didn't really need to be stated, but thanks anyway. Well, that is about all the time we have for now. Thank you for your time."

"You are very welcome."

"Join us next time where we try and get to the heart of who someone is."
© Copyright 2009 Kaftarian Knight (kaftarian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630851-Who-am-I