*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631509-The-Other-Side-Of-My-Dream-Chap-25
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1631509
chapter 2.5 of my famous story. Rev 2
                                                         Chapter 2.5

                                                     The Morning After



         When I slowly opened my eyes the room light was on, so I shut my eyes tightly, because it stung so badly. I realized that Tina wasn't laying on me like she usually is when I wake up. I, with great effort, got myself up and rubbed my eyes. I looked around, wondering where Tina went. I sighed and stood up. I looked around for the clothes I had put out the night before, in preparation for my flight. I will be in a different state soon.

         I walked over and started getting dressed, but just then, the most delishious smell floated into my room. It had to be Tina cooking me a great breakfast, she likes to cook for me. So she learned how to cook from an early age. I put my clothes on in a hurry, and rushed into the kitchen to see just what Tina was making that was emitting such a pleasant aroma. When I looked in Tina was making my favorite! A big steak with eggs and a huge glass of orange juice with hash browns.

         I sat down at the table and asked "well, when did you wake up?" and when she turned around she looked so happy it almost seemed creepy.

"A little before four this morning" and I got this twinge deep in my gut, that I wasn’t gonna like what was making her so giddy. I just sat there for a few minutes watching Tina as she worked, just enjoying the morning. I had this eerie feeling settle in, that today wasn’t going to be a good day. When it was time to eat Tina sat across from me, and just as I was poised to tear into my delicious looking steak with the knife, Tina nearly shouting with excitement said "I had a really great idea this morning! I can't wait to tell you".



         Thinking? The last time Tina got a great idea it ended up with us in trouble, but hell it was fun. I shoved my knife into my steak and started to cut up a piece, when she started to explain her great idea.

"Well as you know you're going away on a trip, to god knows where, and are going to be away for a few years"

"yeah, yeah what you getting at?" I just wanted to eat my steak. I was beginning to very much, dislike this idea of hers. This isn’t gonna end well.

"Since you do have lots of cash, I was thinking I could go with you" She said, practically bouncing in her seat.



         I nearly dropped my fork as it was on it’s way to my mouth. I soon realized that my mouth was hanging open and my fork was still in midair. In order to regain my thoughts, I stuck the piece of steak in my mouth and began to chew. I just sat and stared at her, with that grin of pure genius plastered on her face. I mean really, she was just 13 and still had lots of school left. A family, which would kill me. A mother, who would then proceed to bring me back to life, just to torture me.

"There's no way in he...."I began, but Tina cut me off.

"Yes, see I knew you would say that, but I am going weather you want me to or not" She said defiantly with a little smirk on her face.

"And why would I take you anyways?" I objected

"Well you would be lonely without me, and you know it would be loads more fun with me around" She said triumphantly.

    True things are more interesting with her around, and I would be lonely without her around. I knew there was no way I was going to get her to stay, so I thought up a plan

"alright fine you can come with me" I was just going to send her back home after the first place we visit, telling her I will be on board, and going somewhere new instead.

"See I knew you would take me, just gimme ten mins to get ready" She jumped up from her seat and started making her way to the room.

"Wouldn't it take two hours for you to get ready? And don't you need a plane ticket?" I said, thinking to myself, if she doesn’t have a ticket I could refuse to take her with me. My little demon smiled inside me. 

"Yeah, that’s why I bought one online this morning, so all I’d have to do was pack when you said I could come." I knew it, she was ready from the start.

“Damn” I mumbled, and then realized I’d said it out loud. When I looked up to see if Tina had heard, she had already disappeared to go pack her bag.

          Her mother’s going to kill me, for taking her out of state! Even if it’s only for a day, but it can't be helped. After I got done eating, Tina was still not back. I went to the room to see what she was doing, she had tons of clothes all piled up, and three large suitcases sitting in front of her.

“Tina, what are you doing?” I asked

“Packing” She said without looking up.

“Tina, you can only bring one bag.”

She stopped and looked up at me. “why only one?”

“Because, I don’t want to be hauling all that shit around the airport.” I said indignantly

“Ok” she sighed as she started taking things out of the suitcase in front of her.

“Were you gonna eat anything before we go?” I asked

“No” she said “I ate this morning before you got up”

“Ok, well you need to hurry, I want to get to the airport at a decent hour, so we can get through security before our plane leaves.”

    About an hour later we were finally ready to go, ten minutes my ass. We packed the car, and drove to the airport. Trying to make the man at the parking booth understand that I was in a hurry, and was putting my car in the long term parking area was a pain in the ass.          By the time we got our bags checked and on our way through security we had less than a half hour before our plane boarded. I was really stressed that we weren’t gonna make it. Thank you Tina and your” ten minutes” bullshit, now I’m not even gonna make it to Florida. Just when I thought we should turn around and forget about it, we made it through. We had to run to our gate, but by the grace of god we made it. We got there just as the stewardess was calling our seat numbers.

    As soon as we were on board and sitting in our seats I relaxed. Of course Tina was babbling about how cool the food tray on the seat in front of her was, and she was going off about the personal TVs’ we had. I just tried to ignore her.

__________________________________________

Link to chapter 3 "The Other Side Of My Dream chap 3
© Copyright 2009 The Silent One (gearsgod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631509-The-Other-Side-Of-My-Dream-Chap-25