*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631587-Witches-can-be-BtchesChapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Friendship · #1631587
What starts out to be a fun night, turns into a run in with danger.

Witches can be B*tches (Chapter One)

[Im not sure if Im going to be writing more, it all depends on it anyone actually reads it]

(AMY)

Cassidy looked at me with big blue eyes, her bottom lip jutted out in a perfect puppy dog pout. That’s when I broke. I didn’t even have to agree, she could see that I had given in.

“Yessss!” She squealed and did a little happy dance. Shaking her perfect hips wildly and waving around her pedicure-once-a-week hands. I smiled and ran upstairs with her to pick out some partying cloths.

Cassie had been trying to get me to go clubbing with her for weeks. Apparently a new club opened down on 34th street. And as her best friend, I just ‘HAD’ to go with her to check it out. Or so she said.

Her volumized bottle blonde hair bounced as she skipped down the hall to my room. She looked rather out of place in my house... the walls a dark wood, same as the floor. Everything had been shrouded in black and maroon. My mom’s favorite colors.

Our home had kind of a haunted house look, but that’s how Mom liked it. And who was I to care?

I peeked through my door frame to see all of my cloths spread onto my small bed, Cassie staring at them intently, as though they were the enemy. “Amelia! You need new cloths!” She declared.

I sighed. “Sorry, but money is really tight right now. Besides, what’s wrong with my cloths now?”

She stared at the sweats and tank top my small frame was clothed in, then coughed. I laughed, “Shuddup Cas, not everyone can be a fashionista like you.” She flipped her hair and did a few model-worthy posses. We laughed and moved onto my closet.

Cassie and I have been best friends for around three years now. After sticking up for me in school, we bonded a bit. Next thing I know, she was over for a movie marathon and chocolate covered popcorn.

We ended up finding some Goth outfits that my older sister had given me a while ago. My party attire consisted of black fishnet stockings and arm warmers, a crimson red top with cuts across my stomach, a short black skirt, and black combat boots.


I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn’t look half as awkward as I felt. Everything was so tight to my skin, making me actually look like I had curves. My B cup looked a bit bigger, and perky. The only thing that really stuck out was my makeup-less face and long, wavy brown hair.

Cassie seemed to see the problem because she was biting on her nail and looking at me, contemplating.

“AHA!” I jumped slightly at the sudden noise.

“I’ve got it.” She grinned and rummaged through my dresser, coming back with hair spray, a comb, and my straightener. She made my hair stick straight, then teased my hair up to amazing heights. Taking advantage of my layers to give it a choppy look. After around 25 minutes she smiled brightly and admired her work. Then told me to look in the mirror.

I turned around and saw a whole different person. I looked.. Scene. That’s what they call it, right? Oh well, it looked cool. I could say for the first time in my life that I looked kind of hot.

I couldn’t help the smile that claimed my lips. I was about to thank Cassie when she attacked me with makeup. Heavy, heavy eye liner. But it went with the look.

On our way out to the car Cassie once overed me one more time. “That weird necklace you always wear goes with it. Good thing too, since you’d never take it off.”

**********

The music was on full blast in Cassie’s little red car. She’d insisted that she drove, since she knew where the club was.

“What’s its name again?” I half yelled over the rapper singing about drugs and sex.

“Portes de l'enfer” She yelled back, bobbing her head to the music.

French? It was a French club? Huh.. That’s weird. If I payed attention in French class, maybe I’d know what the name meant.

I gazed out of the window, staring at the people who rushed by. It was almost fully dark outside yet the small cafes and outlets were swarming with people. They weren’t night crawlers though. So why couldn’t they just go home and sleep like they’re supposed to do when the sun goes down?

I sigh.


As we near 34th street clubs start popping up and our car isn’t the only thing over flowing with loud music. I notice a few buildings Cassie had taken me to a few times. Reminding me of the too many times Id taken her home drunk, or passed out.

Another sigh.

The car comes to a stop in front of an unfamiliar building. The outside seemed like a regular club, bright blinking lights and signs. A big red one at the top advertized its name. “Portes de l'enfer” stood as a beacon, drawing in wild teens and danger craving college students.

Cass stepped out of the car and beckoned for me to follow. I stumbled out of the bucket seats and thanked the Lord that I hadn’t worn heels. I would look foolish next to Cassie. She wore six inch black heels that complemented her long tan legs. She walked towards the building like she owned the place. I’m not the type of person to be jealous, but I do envy her confidence.

The bouncer looked at Cassie with a kind of hunger in his eyes. I didn’t like it. “Ganna let us in or not, sharky?” He growled at the nick name and opened the door with muscular arms. Cass smiled and walked into the dim building. I followed, gulping down the knot in my throat that was my racing heart beat.

**********

I took in my surroundings quickly. The large club looks like it had been created by an insane child. The ceiling was covered in cracked mirror pieces, the walls splattered with red and black paint. The floor seemed to be a plush black where the tables and bar stood. Then turned into a shiny gray marble for the dance floor.

A contagious beat shook the whole place. Cass moved willingly with it and towards the dance floor. I reached out to her but let my hand fall, I wasn’t going to ruin her fun.

**********

(CHRISTOFER)

Ah, yes. A club just for my kind. Of course Id been there every night since it opened. Coming home with a new prize once morning came.

I walked through the doors, waving at the nameless bouncer. He nodded his head in respect and closed the door behind me.

Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes and sort out all the scents. Human, sweat, alcohol, weed, and many different perfumes. A good turn out tonight, the place was packed with my kind and humans.

I sat at a table in the corner and scanned the room nonchalantly. A few young women giggled to each other and walked over. I smiled as they sat down with me. “Hi there.” The short one said sexily, biting her lip. “I’m Nicole,” she went on, “and this is my friend Britt.” Nicole motioned to a big breasted red head.

Through the dimness of the club lights I could see all their blemishes. Another thing I hate about being a vampire, sometimes the vision is a little too good. These girls seemed so fake.. Any other night I would be fine with it. But not tonight for some reason.

My eyes caught onto some very big blonde hair. Almost white blonde. It couldn’t be real, but it went nicely with her skin tone. I got up gracefully from the table and left the girls. They seemed offended, but they would be dead in 70 years anyways.

The blonde swayed with the music, her eyes closed and a light smile on her lips. I slipped my hand behind her back and her eyes opened and looked up into mine. Her smile spread into a devilish grin and I pressed myself closer to her.

Her eyes were an icy blue, not my favorite. Id only see them for a night, so it didn’t matter.

She flipped her hair to the side, exposing a soft neck. My hunger flamed and burned my veins and lungs. My mouth watered at the feel of her pulse.

I bent down and kissed the nap of her delicious neck. I ran my tongue over my razor sharp teeth and grazed them along her skin. The intake of breath told me she liked it almost as much as me. As I was about to sink my teeth in I felt a very sharp pain. I tried again, and the pain became worse.

The invisible vibration of magic tainted the air.

Shit.

I looked around and locked eyes with a young girl. Maybe 17. Her piercing green star bore into me, glaring me down. I could tell her mentally pulling me off the blonde, creating some kind of force field… I cursed under my breath.

A witch.


© Copyright 2009 ZuzuRenee (zuzurenee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631587-Witches-can-be-BtchesChapter-1