*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631728-The-Drowning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Death · #1631728
Three teenage girls night out at Jones Beach.
It was a cold and snowy night. Three teenagers named Sharon, Tammy, and Sarah ages seventeen decided to go out for a joy ride adventure at Jones Beach. The beach was closed and it is no longer summer now. This happened during the month of December. The girls wanted to be like the Polar Bear Club. This is even more crazy! The temperature was around twenty nine degrees. Sharon phoned Tammy and said, “Why don’t we sneak out without our parents knowing and take out my canoe for a joy ride at the beach?’’ Tammy replied, “Oh that sounds like fun. I will call Sarah and tell her about the canoe ride.” Tammy phoned Sarah and said to her the same story. Sarah gladly said, “Fine I will go.” All three girls agreed they will sneak out of their houses on Saturday around twelve midnight. When Saturday arrived, they were all excited about what was going to happen. They each kept a secret that they wouldn’t let their parents know what they were going to do.
Twelve midnight arrived. Sharon first woke up to pick up Tammy and then Sarah. She tiptoed down the stairs and quietly opened the front door of the house. Sharon proceeded to the family’s red corvette car. She quietly turned the key and started the car. Sharon slowly backed up the car down the driveway and immediately went to Tammy’s house. Tammy was waiting on the front porch. When Sharon arrived she went into the red corvette and were both on their way to pick up Sarah. Sarah was also waiting on her front porch when Sharon arrived. All three were on their way to Jones Beach. Sharon said to her friends, “Do you want to listen to Beyonce on the CD player?” Tammy and Sarah replied, “Yes we do”. They began to listen to the music while on their way to Jones Beach.
The snow was getting heavier and heavier but the girls kept on going. When they arrived at the beach, the girls parked at field number six. The parking gates where open at field six. The girls got out of the car and proceeded to walk to the beach carrying the canoe. The canoe was tied up to the roof of Sharon’s car by the way. The snow was coming down like cats and dogs. The girls were wearing their bathing suits, heavy sweaters, corduroy pants, coats, scarves, gloves and boots. They thought about taking off their clothes and wear just bathing suits. All three teenagers replied, “No, it’s too cold for that.” As they approached the freezing water, Sharon said, “I will steer the front of the canoe, and Tammy you can steer the back of the canoe, and Sarah you can sit in the middle of the canoe.” Tammy and Sarah replied, “Ok Sharon we will steer the back and sit in the middle.” The waves at Jones Beach were so strong and high that when the girls tried to get into the canoe they would fall into the cold water. They had to come up with another plan fast. Tammy suggested, ”Let’s try again and this time we should go into the canoe on the snowy sand. One should push.” The other girls said, “fine”. They all went into the canoe at the same time. Sharon was the one who decided to push the canoe into the water from the back and climb into the boat.” They began to paddle while the cold winds were blowing really hard. The waves were so strong that the girls had a hard time paddling. The girls were screaming, “Help us”! But no one was there to help them. The canoe flipped over so quickly that the girls went into the freezing water as the under toe captured them. Sadly to say all the girls drowned. They couldn’t swim.
This was such a sudden tragedy. Three teenage girls all died on a snowy cold night. All the girls parents frantically began to look for them in their houses. The girls were not around. Where can they be cried the parents? The parents thought that there girls may have been kidnapped. They called the police and told them that there girls where missing. The parents also told the police that this is a possible kidnapping attempt. The police suddenly began to search all throughout the neighborhood. The girls parents began to post missing signs everywhere. They were no where to be found. The police sadly said to the parents, “We are sorry, there is nothing we can do for you.” Suddenly the search was off. The police gave up in searching for the three girls. The parents were very sad. It is as if the girls were gone without a trace. This is such a sad tragedy. A very sad time for the parents of the missing girls. This should be a lesson to children everywhere. Never go anywhere without your parents knowing where you are going. They love you and care about you. You can always count on your parents to give you good advice.
© Copyright 2010 antonette (antonetteros at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631728-The-Drowning