*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632164-5-Reasons-People-Cheat--Ways-to-stop-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shelly
Rated: 13+ · Other · How-To/Advice · #1632164
Many people have cheated or been cheated on! Find out why and ways to prevent infidelity!
5. Because they can! There are 3 types of people in the cheating arena. The first, my favorite, the genuinely good person. This person has no cheating wrap sheet in any relationship and is capable of recognizing and dealing with life’s temptations. The second type of person is the type that would, but lack opportunity and the third type not only have opportunity, but also the tendency to create it.

The way to counteract this is relatively simple. Know who you are with! This is especially true in the beginning of relationships when the romance and glamour tend to gloss over otherwise obvious signs of a person’s character. Later in the relationship can be trickier. In the instances where a normally good person has gone astray or a former cheater really has changed, will require more soul searching and relationship work. Literature and advice will only go so far. Actions will dictate the most in those cases.

4. Revenge! Some cheating can stem from jealousy and pain. A person may cheat as a way to get back at a spouse or lover.

The way to counteract this, keep your relationships honest. Don’t hide things, if you’ve made a mistake come clean and work through it. If you happen to be the one considering cheating for revenge take some time to consider what has happened and how you are handling it. Has the act for which you seek revenge even been confirmed? Have you considered how it may affect others involved?

3. Self-esteem/ego issues. Many people find themselves in a cheating situation when they are getting a significant ego or self esteem boost from it since feelings like these produce almost a high.

There are things to keep in mind when thinking of ways to counteract this. In most cases an adequate amount of love, support, and attention will do the trick. Something to consider is that all three of those things vary in definition to everyone including the amount needed. If you are tuned into your spouse or lover and communication is open these “levels” should be easy to figure out. Something else to keep in mind is that if self esteem or ego issues are too severe there’s not much you will ultimately be able to do. My advice would be to discuss your concern of the severity with your partner and go from there.

2. Lack of affection/appreciation! A large percentage of people cheat for lack of affection, attention, love, and or sex in their relationships. For many, the spark fizzles, fights ensue, and eventually it is just easier and more pleasurable to spend time with someone else.

The way to counteract this again would be with plenty of love and support. One of the best things you can do is be willing to continue to do the things that you did to get the person, to keep that person!

1. Most people cheat simply because they are lonely. This isn’t isolated to people in long distant relationships or to people with partners that travel. Sometimes such a distance can grow between people that they can be lonely even in the same house.

The way to counteract this is with communication. Be friends. Find ways to remind each other why you chose each other in the first place.

I'm also on:  http://www.bukisa.com/people/shellyramasocky1
© Copyright 2010 Shelly (shelly79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632164-5-Reasons-People-Cheat--Ways-to-stop-it