*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632283-Blood-Red-Rose
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1632283
Experiencing the final moments associated with an unusual death...
Pain aroused me as blood began to surface from my pricked finger. I quickly clasped my finger with my lips, hoping that the bleeding would be stopped. My heart violently beat the backing of my ribcage as blood began to plummet to the tile below. I bruised my hand as I forcefully clutched it at the wrist. I watched the droplets increase the pool on the floor beneath my feet. Cast-off from the blood droplets began to speckle the tops of my feet. As time, though short, continued my feet were encased with my blood. I leaned over the sink as if to catch myself from fainting. I looked deep into the mirror, attempting to examine my soul. I once faced death's door as a child, this time I had my doubts. My knees began to buckle; the sink was almost full, I grasped the edge trying to brace myself, the blood lined the rim causing my grip to be useless. I hit the ground with an echoing rumble. My heart almost paused, attempting to fight for survival. I could see the maker of my doom as I helplessly lay on the floor. I focused my vision on the beauty of the red rose. It was meant to cause no harm. The vibrant color provided a numbing sense of tranquility. As I parted ways with the evil that I have done, I inhaled my final breaths. The rose began to blur as everything motionlessly changed to black and white. A tear left my cheek as everything faded to black.

I overlooked the coroner as he commenced his autopsy. He coldly stripped my clothing from me. He showed no emotion as my bare skin was exposed for the last time, for his eyes only. He wrapped his hand around my ankle, beginning to shower away the dried blood and impurities from my lifeless flesh. He gently caressed the icy water over the surface of my curves. Along with the water, he ran his latex fingers through my hair. He lifted the faucet over my face. Water softly rained upon me. The light drizzle revealed the natural beauty of my presence. The coroner turned for a moment to taken in my lovely purity. He was morbidly enticed. He drowned his feelings continuing with his occupation. He examined my body for cuts and wounds; assuming that it was a suicide. He found none. He only found a prick. He lifted my hand for a closer look. He noted that the prick barely entered the under layers of the dermis. He removed his initial thoughts and continued with the autopsy. When all was finished the report read: C.O.D (Cause of Death) was determined as exsanguination related to severe hemophilia.

After the ruling it was not long before I was placed on one last slab. I couldn't feel the fire's heat as it smoldered. I was also relieved from smelling my flesh as it burned and crackled. As I was reduced to nothing but ash, I felt an inner peace. Life on earth was over, and death is really only a new beginning, a cleansing way to start a new.

(527 words)
© Copyright 2010 Hannah Leilani Jordan (hannahjordan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632283-Blood-Red-Rose