*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632338-All-is-Forgiven
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Relationship · #1632338
We've been through some much pain together but that only makes me love him more...
All is forgiven between us.
As it is guilt that bonds us together, but there is nothing more to it.
Lies have separated right from wrong, leaving us both tainted with confusion.
Open yourself, as I have done the same, examine your soul.
I was never the source of the pain, all I did was try to advise for your happiness.
I tried to assist a friend, to bring joy into the sadness that surrounded you.
Even through this madness, I have stood by your side, holding my guilty head high.
I have given you more happiness than pain, and it is still not enough for you.
Now, the wedge has been placed between us.
Leaving you wrapped in confusion, leaving me knowing what I want.
All I have ever wanted was for everything to be alright, but with me in this picture, that will never be true.
We all paint pictures of ourselves, a mask, hiding the true nature of the souls.
And now I must repaint my picture, I must save my soul.
I will always feel a void and emptiness without you, a fire that was never doused.
But with you, only as your friend, I feel that void growing deep within me.
As it grows, I am slowly leeched of myself, of my life.
I have lost many nights to you, along with my time and patience, and if you still can't see, then you are clearly blind.
Now I beg of you one last time, I beg for your forgiveness.
Forgive me, because I can't allow myself any more pain, no more torment.
I am but selfish as I say my last goodbye.

© Copyright 2010 Hannah Leilani Jordan (hannahjordan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632338-All-is-Forgiven