*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632369-Cat-Sith-Chapter-2
by AlexBW
Rated: · Fiction · Fantasy · #1632369
spelling might be a little better, still short though.
The water rushed around me as i sunk, then as if the moment I hit the bottom i was rising again. I broke the surface of the water and gasped. I looked around gasping for air. This mythical world wasn't as bright and eye-burning, as I'd been told in stories. I heard a noise and swam towards the edge, as I climbed up the algae make it difficult to pull myself up. Then a large jaw bit into the scruff of my neck and lifted me out.
It dropped me on some strange pathway, not dirt path like home. I jolted round to see a black hound, he looked at me and growled, the growls seemed to fit into my mind, forming a language.
"Get out of my garden," he snarled, "you demons come, all the time, and I shall defend my human, even if it means fighting you, neatherworlder."
"Wait, if you don't want me here, why did you save me from drowning?"
The dog raised his head and growled, "Iam not fluent in human, but like all animals I know what you mean," he looked down at me with his empty looking black eyes, "if I killed you demon, your ghost would torment my humans as a curse..."
I stared, "that's a little superstitious wouldn't you say?", I smiled slightly, and he responded by baring his teeth.
There was a silence as he though about what I had said his dog mind no where near as advanced as my Cat Sith mind.
"Super-sti-shus?" he whimpered, tilting his head.
"Yes," I grinned, "to be superstitious, to believe in something without reason, or knowledge in the matter."
"Then..." he growled, "Is it super-sti-shus... To believe demons leaped from the humans pond to take souls."
"Well..."
"Well!" He barked.
He looked down at me and growled, I slowly stepped back, suddenly hitting a strange construction, could sense humans within, but it was no hut, it was made of strange inter-locking stones, with hard sand holding it together.
"Whats that?" I asked
The dog who had been so eager to kill me gazed up at the large construction.
"That demon, is my home."
"If that is your home, why are your here," I began to walk parallel to the home of the hound, he walked beside me.
"Because, demon, I guard this home for my humans, that is why you should go"
Suddenly, a strange bright glow illuminated the hound, his tail wagging as the red, very strange looking door opened a human stood there, her brown eyes staring at me sympathetically.
"Bailey, are you harassing this poor cat," she walked over slowly, "bless, you're wearing a coller so someone'll be looking for you."
She had long curly black hair, and wore a strange gown that was lavender in colour, she reached her arms down and lifted me, "your lighter than you look," he hand near my neck pulled the coller slightly, Kellas, no address"
I thought why had Azure put my name on, but the girl took me in the house.
I sat on the floor as she poured milk into a bowl, everything here was so different, and as bright as the stories. She left me in the room where she givin me the milk and then stroked me. I sat there uncomtably and gave her a harsh stare. As she walked out she switched off the very bright object in the top centre of the room. I jumped up to look out of the strange clear part of the wall. What would become of me? I though staring out, seeing the dog, who now i coukd see wished death upon me.
A shiver ran through me as i curled up, I felt my magic leaving me and I fell asleep.
© Copyright 2010 AlexBW (alaxandrabw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632369-Cat-Sith-Chapter-2