*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632438-Graduating-from-College
Rated: · Other · Other · #1632438
Story about Chad Graduating College


                                              College Graduation Ceremony



Well, I very am very pound to say I DID IT! Getting it done was a little interesting to say the least.  The Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) had rented this small wheelchair lift that was to take me up to the stage so I could cross it just like everyone else. The time came for me to go up on stage, a person from MATC takes me over to the lift, should be easy right just lift me up to the stage. Wrong and let the games begin! The lift stops working about 1/3 of the way up. So here I am stuck about 10 12 inches off the ground on the lift that was not working. I'm thinking oh great what next.  The people from Milwaukee Area Technical College spend about 30-35 min trying to get the lift working. They had no luck fixing it and no idea how they were going to get me down from the lift. So me the quick thinking one (and the one who always has a plan) suggested that they use the ramp that Bango, the Milwaukee Bucks (NBA team) mascot uses to do his dunking routine at the start of the 4th quarter to get me off the lift. They thought that was a great idea that they had yet to think of. So they used that ramp to get me off the broken lift. MATC decided that I can cross in front of the stage instead of go across because of the broken lift. I believe that god looked out after me because I had the most awesome graduation crossing imaginable.  It was like something out of a movie.  The ceremony stopped just for me. The spotlights shown down upon me as the dean announced my name.  Then I  received a tremendous ovation.  Everybody at the graduation ceremony parents and fellow graduates (1,000+) where all standing up and clapping for me.  I received my diploma case and I received another ovation.  Lastly the crowd applauded me as I left the stage area. It took me a long time to get back to my seat because students I did not even know where giving me high fives and congratulating me.  I felt like a rock star/superstar or something .It was truly an amazing moment one I will never forget.  Even though I thought my graduation was going to end up a tragedy, it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me.  Better than if the lift had worked. I will be taking autograph/picture request upon request! HA HA HA...



Chad Murphy-Price has inspired many through his life experiences and keynote presentations.  If you would like more information about or would like him to speak to your Organization or conference please visit his website at http://www.chadmp.com or YouTube Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/cmp0811 or via e-mail Chad at radchad58@wi.rr.com

© Copyright 2010 Chaddbox (radchad58 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632438-Graduating-from-College