*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633319-Interesting-People-and-Email
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1633319
Meeting people on the internet.
For the past few months I have been exploring the world wide web. No I have not been locked in a dungeon for years and just discovered the computer. I have just been using mine for checking the news, weather and email. I did not know what I was missing. It appears that no matter what your interest, there is a web site dedicated to it. Through my interests I have met some very interesting and wonderful people.

Alan is an insurance broker in Australia. He has two children and two beautiful Grand babies. He was gracious enough to share with me a little about his life. At 17, he and his brother formed a band. He shared a picture of the band with me that was taken in the 60's. They looked like the Beatles. He takes vacations in places like Thailand and Japan. As he told me of the places he visited, I would look them up on the web.  And with his help I got to explore his home in Australia. Though I will probably never get to go there I feel as if I got to see just a part of it through my friends emails.

I met Dave and Joanne on a different site. They have been married for 30 years and own a book store selling mountaineering books. In their lifetime they have traveled to Nepal and climbed to 17,000 ft on a mountain. They talk of places like Pakistan and the Himalayas. I think the greatest thing about them is that they are best friends. Sharing a love of something so grand and of each other has given them a very contented life. I wish that for all of us.

Then there is my favorite. Lorraine in England who lives in a flat and works in a bookstore. She is young and looking for Mr Wonderful. Her emails are sometimes happy and sometimes sad as she works her way through the blokes that ask her out. Although she asks for my advice I am afraid that I am no expert in the men and dating department. So I just encourage her, hold her hand or celebrate with her in whatever her world has handed her that day.

Every day is an adventure I share with those I am sharing this friendship with. I look forward to opening my email each day. Through the world wide web I have traveled, met exciting people and grown.
© Copyright 2010 willowonez (willowonez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633319-Interesting-People-and-Email