*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634249-Protectors-of-the-shadowsSilent-Stalker
by penguy
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1634249
Tuck used to be a normal guy , until something happened that changed his destiny.
Prologue
Sometimes I wonder how it was to be normal?
Well I used to be normal but that was so long ago that I do not remember anymore how it was nowadays only a few know about my existence after all I belong to the “silent stalkers”.
Before I explain you what is a silent stalker I will explain how I became one.


Chapter 1: What if God was one of us?
About 6 years ago I was just like a normal 15 year old teen my name was Tuck, I lived in London but actually I was American, I assisted to school, had friends, had a girlfriend. I really loved her even though they say you do not know what is love at that age. Her name was Maria. At that time I did not knew what future would bring and I hadn't decided what I would study . Life was nice until the day my destiny changed forever came…
As any usual day for school I didn't woke up in time ,so my cousin had to enter my room use a bucket of cold water to wake me up . I saw the clock and it marked “7:50AM”(I had to enter before “8:00AM) I fell from my bed , grabbed my clothes, took a quick shower , and grabbed a donut ,said goodbye to my aunt and my cousin and started running where I was supposed to meet with someone.
It was a normal day at my high school I met as usual with my best friend San a normal brown-haired person of about 172 cm intelligent but funny and as usual he always started whining that I was late and that I had no sense of time, but he didn't mean it so we went walking to school as always . It was a normal day, I pissed the professors, met with Maria , skipped a few classes with some friends. until an insane student believing that all people should die made a bomb and placed it on the school's basement and made it explode , luckily almost every single student was rescued immediately by the firemen which were called after people heard of the explosion including me, but I noticed San was missing .The firemen said it was to dangerous to enter again because the school was about to collapse but I am not the kind of person to leave my friends so I entered running without their permission. I searched him everywhere and found San on our class room lying on the ground awake, but with a big wound on his leg when, he looked at me he just said smiling- what the hell are you doing here?- I smiled at him because I was happy that he was alive - someone close to me died in a similar way before so I won’t let the same happen to you- so I carried him. while we were heading for the exit it started to collapse at that moment I realized we wouldn't make it so I quickly threw San to the exit and he was barely able to pass before it collapsed . I tried to find an exit but I couldn’t I all had collapsed i was trapped there ,I had already realized that I wouldn’t make it, while I was standing there in the middle of the fire and the walls falling I thought “this is it , I suppose not such a band ending for someone like me ” I just smiled and sat on a corner, but I could see the silhouette of my classmate Matt the one who caused all that incident , his appearance no longer seemed human , he approached to me “it’s finally done Tuck at least you will feel punishment for being born” I shouted – you bastard!!this is all your fault isn’t it ? for what cause what would you win with all of this?- he grinned and started saying with an inhuman voice “it is liberation, your soul will leave this world and won’t have to endure life on it , you will become a part of me and then I will change the entire world suddenly the whole building started to collapse at a faster rate “well Tuck this is the end I will be going, pray to your god …if you even have one” he said and just before he disappeared he started laughing , but not just any laugh , a laugh that made me shiver to the bottom of my whole body –what in the bloody hell was he talking about?- I said to myself . When I was about to pass out a weird young man with silver hair appeared and said to me-you can have a second chance on life and create a future for mankind but you will never return to those people you care about - I did not thought the answer because in that moment there was only one , I did not knew what that weird man was talking about nor if I could trust him but I guess my mind was telling me that it was better than dying in a building that was collapsing ,so I just told him- show me the way mate- he just smiled and in a moment the collapsing building changed to a white room before he disappeared he just told me –prepare because your decision has changed your destiny, you now are a part of the silent walkers we protect this world from the shadows. You will start your training right away ,your old name is no longer yours we will assign you another my name is Goroa pleasure to meet you kid . You and me, I feel this won't be the only time we see each other for now sleep you'll have a rough day tomorrow -there I stood on that room and went to sleep in a bed that was there wondering what future might uphold and what Matt said was still in my mind even though I didn’t told Goro ,because an unreasonable fear covered my heart .


Chapter 2: let it be
The next day or so I think, a woman dressed in red clothes appeared (I could tell she was older than me but still young and also a beautiful black haired girl), and told me - very well your training should start now, come with me handsome- she extended her hand to me I stood up and grabbed her hand. In a second the whole scenery of the white room changed to the one of a wasteland I just stood there in the middle astonished because as you may know I was not used to this kind of thing. She stared at me and told me- ok, kid first of all Goro told you what we do?- I just turned my head to her and said- not exactly- she just sighed- well I guess I must explain this whole story to you. Ok more than 2000 years ago there was a man that was able to perform miracles and walk in water many people referred to him as a “master”, but after preaching his teachings for 3 years one of his students betrayed him for a minimal quantity of money. After he was killed darkness covered the land allowing demons to enter our realm . So a group of humans which had developed supernatural abilities fought against the demons for 3 days until ”the master” revived. Thanks to them the earth was protected from demons. So after that they decided to create a hidden society which would protect the earth from the shadows for all eternity.- I just stayed quiet for a few moments processing the whole story after that I asked her-.You are talking about god right? You could have just said that I am fully aware of who you're talking about – she looked at me with a not so happy look – you see , we usually get a lot of guys that don't know about it so I always have to tell the story even if you don't want to-
I looked at her and asked her something I should've asked earlier – okay okay don't get mad , whatever, in what does the training consist?- from the demoniacal smile she had in her face I realized it would have been better to stay in the collapsing school, she just told me -ok if Goro recruited you that means he saw some kind of ability or talent in you so we are about to find out what it is in this wasteland .Ok the vital force that moves the world is called heaven's scent, so we the silent stalkers have a greater level of heaven's scent than average humans , also we can manipulate it at will and do different abilities depending on the person that does it ; like for example with me I can use psychokinetic abilities between others I am also good with teleport abilities just like Goro, but enough explanations all your questions will be answered later, for now in this wasteland there is a high concentration of heaven's scent, so what you must do is learn to control as if it were an extension of your body . To do this you must concentrate and try to make your heaven's scent visible in your hand in the shape of a sphere after you are able to do that we will pass to stage 2 of training, we will take your body to the limits . I tried to make it visible for about half a day but every time I failed a part of my energy faded away and made my body hurt . She jut stood there with a serious face watching my training all the time, I almost lost consciousness many times , but I felt that there was something inside of me telling me not to stop , so by the time I achieved it I fell down on the floor panting and almost unconscious .The young woman got close to me and told me- well done kid, most take 2 to 3 weeks to achieve it ,you're in 2nd place , I must admit you are quite talented I got 6th place, well now you know how to control the heaven's scent. They call me is “meurtrier the killer” a pleasure to meet you. You will become a great silent stalker well if you survive, well I will take to you to headquarters, not anymore to the white room that's just to welcome you, the real training starts tomorrow let us go- when she finished saying that she grabbed my shoulder and made realize one thing , we were about to teleport.

Chapter 3: sweet home Alabama
Meurtrier and I appeared inside the headquarters moments later . They weren't weird or extravagant well except for the people in there, but basically it was a normal building (from the inside) . after i had recovered from the experience of teleporting (which Ihadn't gotten used to yet ) she guided me to the training room which was a room with a little computer in the middle-Ok, I leave the rest to you ,the computer will tell you in what this training consists. Well to tell the truth even i don't know if you will survive so do your best handsome , if you survive we can have a merry good time together- she said as she gave me a kiss in the cheek. After she left the room I approached the computer in the middle ,it was turned on and in the screen it said in big letters “ place your hand on the screen” well since I really did not care about what could happen I did as the computer told me to do , suddenly the computer started speaking- welcome young human if you are here it means you want to become one of them. Well human we will increase the phisical condition of your body and your heaven's scent to the limits- I thought “it sounds as if it is going to be troublesome”. The computer continued speaking – well let's start- the entire room changed to a scenery of the lowest part of a mountain and the computer dissapeared, but I could still hear it talking- this mountain can not be climbed with just brute force it is too slippery for that ,what you must do is start climbing it and at the same time use your heaven's scent to attach yourself to it in case you`re about to fall. As you may imagine my physical condition was only a little bit above average so in many tries I almost died but I remembered for who I was doing this. It was all to give my family, San , and Maria a future . amazingly in two days I managed to get on the top I sat in there panting heavily and full of dirt and starving , but when I thought I could take a breather the computer started talking again – well with this you have improved just a bit, everyday from now on you will have tests to improve them in a daily basis- , well to tell you the truth I almost died many times in those fucking tests but Goro used to visit to see how my training was going and he always tried to cheer me up saying jokes, but there is one conversation i can't forget we had during one of his visits. As usual he came after the computer had given me my food (yes he came at that hour so he could eat too) he sat down and grabbed a “gringa” ( really nice mexican food)and started talking to me – mmm , you look horrible do you get enough sleep?- i was barely awake- that's not the issue , this tests are killing me,2 days ago i had to swim more than 2 miles while i was chased by white sharks and yesterday i had to walk above magma using my heaven's scent – he kept eating and said – don't worry if you survive you will have more difficult tasks – i stopped eating and looked at him – are you serious ? that's it i'm dead – i said while i was sighing , Goro always liked to get information about me – you know? I've been wondering where are you from? , i mean you sometimes speak like an english and an american at the same time – i cleaned my mouth –well i lived more or less half of my life in the usa and the other half in UK , and that's why i talk a little bit mixed - he drank some water – well , that explains quite some things – i leaned backwards so my stomach could rest , then i remembered i also had some questions – well i've been wondering , how did you know i was inside the collapsing school? – he also leaned back – well , every once in a while we receive a recruiting mission which consists in searching for candidates for silent stalkers , in your case i felt that you had unusual strong heaven's scent and you were in danger so i went there and.... well you know the rest of the story , but there are other forms to be recruited like for example we observe the candidate for months and if he has the right personality we recruit him , but it isn't obligatory – the computer removed the food from the table – mmm , i guess i would have preferred the second option .... oh well, and how were you recruited ?- he made a forced smile like if it wasn't a pleasant question – well , mine was a special case , i used to be a ..... slave .- i repeated what he said several times in my mind , and finally got the guts to ask – what do you mean ?- he stayed quiet for a while as if deciding to tell me or not – i didn't get to knew my parents , as long as i can remember i was a being selled in the low and secret parts of the world , by the time i was 12 years old i didn't knew how to speak , much less to write or read , i only knew to behave as an animal , when i remember how my life was in those days i get goosebumps around my body . Until, one day a gigant demon appeared in the house of the inhuman person who used to call himself my “master” , the demon eated his soul right away , that was the first time i saw a demon , also i could see that i was the only one i could see the demon . When the demon had cornered me and i was about to die , a sudden strike eliminated the demon , a not so young guy appeared , he was a silent stalker, he made it look like a suicide and due to my incredible amount of heaven's scent he took me so i could become a silent stalker . When he noticed i didn't knew how to speak ,he developed a special skill in which it takes you to another dimension in which it doesn't matter how much time passes you won't age , there he spent 13 years teaching how to behave in a civilized way and also to speak , write , math , phisics , etc. Since i was a great student i learned all you learn in primary , junior high school , high school in just 7 years , the other 6 years he trained me in the ways of a silent stalker , to any person those 13 years would been boring and meaningless , but to me it made fell how it was to have a parent , feel that someone cares for you, i really treasure those memories, well after those years he presented me to the council and explained his long absence , and well i became a silent stalker and he a part of the council – yep , it was a really big flashback , but i had to respect him – what is the council ? –i asked so that he could change his seriousness –they are the leaders of the silent stalkers , there is one in each headquarters and one that is formed by the main leader of each headquarters- i was already sleepy – he must be a really big cheese isn't it ? – he stood up – well , yeah maybe one day you'll get to meet him , well i think you're almost asleep so i'll leave you take care kid , oh and computer next time add 3 more sharks – the computer answered – roger sir – i had my mouth wide open and finally said when he had left the room – son of a .....- The other days were tough as hell. After some time we became nice friends, I kept training for 6 months I was 16 by that time, Goro made his matutine visit and told -me ok your training here has ended. You will pass to the last part of it, in this we will discover your specialty (my silent stalker power) we will start it tomorrow ,now we will take you to your room, it is yours.From now on you will live there- he took me to my room and he told me –your codename will be assigned when you finish the last part of training for now rest kid- he left the room and I went to sleep tired as hell.

Chapter 4: Bad things
When I woke up the next day I stood up and took a bath, and when I came out I noticed all my belongings where already there. My clothes, my computer, even my strokes poster was there(my favorite music band) I quickly changed clothes and waited a few minutes for Goro to pick me up. When I noticed he wasn't going to show up any time soon, I thought “well I guess I will take a walk around the place” I started searching for the keys so i could leave the room, but i could not find them anywhere. After 2 minutes i realized the door could be opened with my finger print and while i was feeling stupid i left. Let me explain how is the building divided, there are more than 3000 rooms for the stalkers but you can easily get out of that section by entering an elevator in the middle of that huge section which leads you to the lobby of the headquarters, in there you can access any of the following sections :
Training rooms 1-10 (I was located in number 3 and in case you were asking, yes I lived there for 6 months) , council room ( where the leaders of the silent stalkers meet and decide the missions for each one of them) , recreation rooms ( they have tvs, pool tables, bar , food and in case that's not your style they have a simulation of a natural environment ), the research facility(in this place is where they treat injured people , research the demons and also have high tech that you can not find anywhere else) , and the last thing “the chamber” (it is a data base that contains the whole history of mankind and it keeps updating all the time it also has information about demons , it is sometimes used by silent stalkers to get information about a demon that they were ordered to eliminate) . As I checked the whole bulding the silent stalkers kept staring at me but no one told me anything so I just ignored them , it took me about an hour to check the whole place and suddenly Goro appeared saying- damn, kid i've been searching you for about 40 minutes where have you been ?- I just looked at him smiling innocently saying- sorry I just wanted to look around a little and get used to the place- he sighed –well kid it is okay, but I recommend you do not do as you please, except with me because let's say that the other guys feel superior and will report you to the big cheese ok?- “man how strict they are “ that's waht i was thinking , but to please him I just answered – ok. He teleported me to training room 11 ( which I did not knew where it was located ) I asked him where were we , he just answered with a serious face - well kid you do not need to know ,maybe if you become a silent stalker you will know where it is located – I noticed he said “if” so I could not evade this question- what do you mean by “if”?- he made a face that looked like he did not wanted to answer that question but still he needed to answer it - well kid if all of the candidates we bring here to become silent stalkers approved we would need to do our headquarters 15 times bigger, so you must have noticed, but not all of them survive this last part , many go insane ,or lose their soul , here you will face the things that normal people would die by just being in their presence, prepare kid because this is where your destiny will be defined if you succeed you will become much more stronger than the wildest imagination of a normal human but, if you fail you will lose your soul to the shadows... are you ready?- he looked at me seriously ,I really was afraid but I remembered something that made my resolved as iron and so i answered Goro – well, I already faced death once and survived guess it is my style not to be afraid of death isn't it? – I thought “yeah I sounded cool” but Goro told laughing-yeah but I saved you last time , am i right?- I looked him with a killer stare – shut up, you're cramping my style!- he stopped laughing and told me – it is time- he sighed- let us begin- suddenly the room started to change but I was no longer afraid in my heart there was only one resolve “bring it on death I am ready to fight you”


As the room started to change Goro told me -from now on kid you go alone, remember something, no matter what always keep in mind the reason you're doing this, for it will help you, don't die kid we still have a lot to do, my friend - he suddenly disappeared and the room finished transforming. I could not believe what my eyes were seeing , It was my classroom, but it was not destroyed it was alright, there was just one person in the middle , it was Maria just there looking at me crying but as always beautiful the face that always made me happy no matter what , I just said - Maria is that you? - she answered crying- who else could it be Tuck I.. I thought you were dead I felt a big hole in my heart all this time, where were you ?- she came to me and hugged me , that moment it felt like I had returned home I could smell her perfume and touch her hair ,but I knew that just wasn't possible, I had to accept the truth, as she was hugging me I told her while trying to hold my tears - Maria I… I really want to be with you , but you are not real I can't be here and even if I want to I am still on training room 11 - She released me and told me in a sarcastic way - well done Tuck you saw through it isn't it , but still you 're holding yourself ,you were about to cry , you really miss her don't you little human ? haha - as she was laughing in an evil way the whole room started changing to an open grassland there, she transformed into a demon that looked human except for her red eyes that looked like fire moving throughout your entire body and the way she moved her big tongue she said - well , well so you are the new guy , your name used to be Tuck right? Well let's find if you got what it takes , also ,let me tell you I am a demon that is trapped in this room and I am the one who gives silent stalkers this last test….. and you know what is the best part of this job they don't punish me if I kill them - as she smiled she quickly approached running to me and suddenly her nails became big and sharp , she had the intention of killing me , I barely dodged her attack (thanks to the training of six months) in that moment I decided if I didn’t give my best I would die for sure, so it was time to get serious .
I came to believe that the answer of it would be in the training I did up to that moment so I started to think what could be my salvation , I remembered all those painful tests I did on the second stage of training and the answer of that part I suppose it was to enhance my physical condition. Then I started remembering the first one , it was to make myself capable of controlling my heaven’s scent ,I started thinking for what could that capacity help me now ,but my thinking was interrupted when suddenly her attack reached my leg and made a wound in it (not so deep but it was a nuisance to fight with the pain)
She told me-what is the matter kid are you thinking about your little girlfriend before dying? Well, that is alright because you are going to leave this world, so before ending the show let me tell you the name of the one who will end your life “je suis Ongle” not a pleasure but destiny joined us isn’t it mon ami ? – she began laughing. What she did not knew was that I already had an answer to how I should fight her, the answer was somehow simple, when Goro and Shinsu used their transportation technique I realized they concentrated their heaven’s scent around their desired part of the body and do with them as they pleased, so I concentrated my heaven’s scent on my whole body without knowing what would happen , but I guessed I had a hunch that something good would happen .

Chapter 5 Ongle’s true power
As the heaven ‘s scent became visible around my body I suddenly started feeling different or I mean powerful , when Ongle’s attack was about to hit me I ordered my body to dodge it and to my surprise I disappeared in front of his eyes (or at least that’s what he thought , I could tell because of his surprised and scared face , in reality in that moment I discovered my silent stalker ability was moving a lot faster than the speed of sound , well of course I found out later about the speed because I checked it out at the training room) I appeared behind him and said- what’s the matter you are suddenly a lot slower, didn’t you told me you were going to make me leave this world?-I disappeared and reappeared in front of her to give her a kick in the upper part of the body making her fly about 3meters to the other side (not to brag but my strength really increased because of the training I received ) I smiled and said to her – this is the training that makes people go insane or lose their soul ? this is way too easy, I will finish you right here right now so prepare yourself you damned demon- she stood up and looked at me with a an evil smile and suddenly started laughing –haha you thought this was my real power? let me tell you something when we demons are at our human form our power is 10 times weaker, let me show you my real power stupid human. Ongle suddenly started transforming, her hair turned from black to white and grew larger, her skin turned brown and with scales, her eyes became black, her voice changed (you know I actually didn’t want to include this but her voice reminded me of the one of classic movie monsters) when she stopped transforming she looked at me and said- the fun has just begun Tuck.- I mumbled to myself – “why do good guys like me always get treated like this , f(%/k I am really screwed this time”


After I came out of the shock of the transformation Ongle did not give me much time to think of a strategy, because she attacked me right away , I dodged it and tried to attack her from behind using my ability but she was able to stop my kick and send me flying , while I was just recovering and trying to get up she told me-what is the matter ? you looked surprised, you want to know how I was able to detect your attack it is simple your technique is quite something but you don’t know how to manage it well, for example when you use that technique I can still feel your presence and know where you will appear so you don’t stand a chance –she sighed- I thought you were going to be someone stronger when they told me how fast you completed the first stage mmm, well time for the ending act – she closed her eyes and started emitting a strange aura , she quickly emitted a dark wave all around the grassland and turned it into a dark place with strange creatures, demons and she said -l'obscurité du demon , here is where you will meet the final test, mon ami – the creatures started approaching me surrounding my entire body until I felt like I was being teleported or taken away, I had returned some where I did not think I would ever return, the house where I had lived and where my family …. died.

Chapter 6 the untold past
You may be wondering about what I just said and that is the main reason why I hadn’t mentioned them before, it was because they were already dead ,before Goro saved me I was living with my aunt and my cousin Max . I had returned to the place where my childhood was ruined ,in this place I used to live like any normal kid, I had my dad who was very cheerful and funny, my mom who I never felt sad or worried, she was always happy and my younger brother Sam who was a little bit annoying sometimes but after all he was my younger brother isn’t it? I cared for him and loved him.
When I was about 8 and my brother had around 5 I used to go away and play in a lake nearby (because we were about 2 miles from the city and had no neighbors) that day as I went to the lake my family stayed in the house as usual, I went there and started swimming at the lake, but after a while I noticed smoke was coming from the direction of my house , so I quickly putted my clothes back on and started running in the path that guided me to my house, at that moment many fears struck my heart , to find out that my house was burning ,so I approached my house as fast as I could ,screaming – Sam!!!, Mom !!!!, Dad!!! Where are you ?!! – I realized that by that moment the firemen would probably already be heading there, because of the smoke, but the fire would not wait for them so I impulsively entered my burning house and tried to locate my family. I searched the parts that hadn’t been destroyed yet and I found mom and dad lying on the floor I tried to wake them up but they were already …. Dead ,but still Sam was alive in a corner crying in a fetal position so I approached to him quickly holding my tears saying –c’mon Sam we need to get out of here before it is too late- he looked at me with a very sad face –I am sorry Tuck, I-I-I didn’t want to do it, things got out of control and-and…- I quickly grabbed him –what are you talking about let’s get out of here we don’t have a lot of…- I fell unconscious. The next time I woke up I was in the hospital with some injuries in my head and my arm but no biggie . When I asked what had happened they told me that the whole house came down and they were able to find me there, but Sam, Mom, and dad were gone they didn’t find the bodies, later my aunt came to pick me up so I could live up with her and my younger cousin Max in UK , since that incident there hadn’t been one day in which I hadn’t asked myself what happened ,to realize that I did not held the answer . Even though thanks to that demon the whole nightmare was going to happen again.



I was back on that place outside of my house ,but it was in perfect conditions , I spouted only a few words – what the..?!- I started walking towards it.I entered my house and I found in the kitchen my family eating I was shocked to see them alive and like nothing had happened, but what surprised me the most was their way of receiving me –hey Tuck you sure took your time on the lake next time make it quicker please - my dad said . I reacted quickly saying – but all of you were … were dead in a fire in this same house 8 years ago – they looked with a weird face at me – you feeling all right honey ??-said my mom as she hugged me , in that moment I knew I remembered I was in Ongle’s illusion it’s just that…. I really felt like that was my mother I could not resist it I just started crying – mom it really is you I … I thought you were all dead – she just smiled and told me – why are you crying ….. mon ami?- when I heard that I looked at my mom’s face and it had changed to a more evil look with red eyes ,so I released myself quickly from her arms and wiped my tears –I let my guard down, but now I will defeat you and get out of here – the creatures with the form of my family laughed and the one of my mother told me- you can not sweetheart ,you are trapped here until I want to – I stood in a firm manner I already had a resolve “I wont’ die here , I’ll become a silent stalker and create a future for humans” – you are underestimating me Ongle – I attacked the creature with the form of my mother appearing behind her and trying to punch her but my hand passed through her body –what the hell ?!- I said but my surprise did not last long because she quickly turned her body to me and transformed into a weird creature she suddenly placed her head on my head and I suddenly felt that I was no longer in that world, dimension you name it (probably it was like when you get high or worst) I found myself in a dark place with no one , nothing around – Where am I ??, can anybody hear me?!! – there was no answer .I started walking to see what I could find but it didn’t last long because from the floor started coming a figure , it was Ongle in her demon form – so you finally appear let’s finish this ,I am starting to get impatient !!- she laughed in a sarcastic way- well , well you surprise me, in the demon world they used to call me “the copycat” because of my capacity of copying your memories or the persons that appear on them and now you surpassed my ability ,by now 50 percent of the guys who enter are already dead ,so let me tell you something you got some talent with you kid but now this is my last resort “voler une âme!!” – suddenly I couldn’t move and I appeared in a place full of demons –haha welcome mon ami this is were I will take your soul and erase your existence – she approached me with a face of hate and I think hunger , she suddenly grabbed my chest and I started feeling how my life force was being drained I could just barely speak saying – let me go you demon bastard……- I passed out – tsk, this humans are so fragile and weak I can’t stand them, now let’s finish this for good- as she was ready to dispose of me for good I quickly grabbed her arm –what are you doing you demon bastard ? I am the one coming out alive of here- I quickly kicked her hand and was able to stand on my own –what the?! I already tried to kill you four times stupid human ,why do you fight with such resolve who or what are you?? – I looked at her with a serious face – my name is Tuck 16 years old, six months ago I rescued my best friend from his death and almost got myself killed, but Goro a silent stalker saved me, you know I did not wanted to be some kind of strange warrior that goes in the shadows fighting demons I just wanted to live a normal life, but I can not anymore , everyone that once knew me in my other life thinks I am dead so I decided that I would fight for them so that they could have a normal life, so I can not die here Ongle -as I screamed I used all my heaven’s scent to destroy Ongle’s illusion – haha who the hell do you take me for demon bastard ?! This time you really pissed me off I will show you my true power , oh….and one last thing , I am not your fucking friend. – without noticing strange objects were appearing in my arm.


Chapter 7 une fin tragique
My anger was such a big one that I could even see my heaven’s scent all around my body ,from what I could tell Ongle was now really scared and all that she could say was- what is going on??!! And w-what is appearing in your arms?! w-weapons?! – I reacted and said – what are you talking about? -so I looked at my arms , yep ,to my surprise two weird weapons were appearing on each arm , long blades that I could see they were made to be grabbed like daggers – mmm, pretty sweet with this it will be piece of cake, well even though I do not where this thing came from they are pretty nice , ah well I won’t ask, we… – Ongle did not allow me to finish because she attacked quickly and furiously. When her nails were about to reach me I dodged her attack (just in case you are wondering every time I dodged I used my ability) –wow, you did not even waited for me to finish .You must be really desperate now , well time for me to finish this, demon- I prepared the blades, even though I did not knew how to use them, but still I concentrated my heaven’s scent on them and placed my self on what I could say was an attack position and somehow released so much energy that Ongle fell down to her knees – get up, you may be a demon but I can not defeat my opponent like this – she stood up and pointed her hand at me , she shoot her nails at me ,I dodged and said to her with a grin in my face – that’s more like it, I will finish with this attack – I prepared myself- you won’t you stupid hu…- she did not finish the sentence I had already divided his body in 2 with my blades(damn there goes our kid classification ) –tsk (cough) well mon ami one of the few to pass my trial but do not get so excited your journey has just started silent stalker- she said as she was laughing, but she suddenly started coughing and died moments later – phew, so that is how a fight with a demon is I can not believe Goro does this so frequently – I was panting heavily while I had fallen to the floor looking at the fake sky in that training room – bloody hell , I really need to rest- suddenly Goro appeared with a smoke and a beer – you really went all out up to the point of destroying her completely- he sighed- well, you passed the last part ,you are now a Silent Stalker so let me take you with the big cheese he will answer your questions and tell you everything you need- I stood up and told him barely able to stand- umm what’s up with the beer and the smoke?- he looked a little bit upset when he was about to answer the question – well, I was in my break time on one of the recreation rooms about to get a really hot chick when the boss gave me a call telling me I should come to pick you up and since the boss doesn’t like to reason I couldn’t say no- I actually really did not care about that so without any shame I asked -can I go take a shower and change clothes? Because she really damaged my clothes- he looked at my whole body –do not whine some guys end up naked after the battle besides the boss doesn’t like to wait – he placed his hand on my shoulder I knew what was about to happen, teleport time again.

Chapter 8 Gio is born
After he finished teleporting us we arrived outside of the council room where the secretary of the big cheese is located –you know, you must really teach me how to teleport it really is an amazing thing – he looked at me with a cocky face – hmm you are to inexperienced to teleport kiddo-I mumbled- cocky bastard - he looked at me as if he had heard what I just had said – Did you say something??- I said to him a little bit agitated – n-no nothing at all ,why do you keep distracting yourself? we came to see the boss isn’t it? , let’s go – he said to the secretary – I can not believe I was like him when I was a rookie ,well Marianne is the boss free? Because, he called me here – Marianne answered with a smile, I hadn’t noticed she was kind of pretty –no, do not worry he is inside his office waiting for you – we started walking towards the council room but Goro stopped as if he had remembered something important –what’s the matter forgot something?- he had a serious face – yes ,my life can depend on it – from the look on his face I thought it would be something really important, he looked back and told Marianne – hey Baby when are you going to go on a date with me?- I kicked him right in the berries so hard that he fell down on the floor moaning and saying things like “what the hell was that for?” – damn it can’t you behave serious any time?! – he stood up – okay okay let’s go , but you know something? you look kinda funny when you get angry – I wasn’t in the mood to answer him so I followed him to the council , he opened the door and I was able to see it from inside .It was kind of an ordinary room like those of business men it had the shape of an oval and there was a computer screen on each seat , but I noticed a door at the end of the room , that was the office of the boss. We entered the office and there It was the boss in a seat checking some reports about how the missions went. My first impression about him was “ a guy wearing strange clothes like those battle suits you see in videogames of knights and mages. Of about 60 years and normal height , probably about 1.75 m” he received us – Hey what took you so long Goro? I mean I was pretending to look at all this boring reports and you know Marianne doesn’t let me bring my “special time magazines” – Goro answered – I told you a thousand times your job is to give missions and read reports not reading porno magazines , but well let’s continue to the important stuff I’ve brought the him, anything else ? can I go back to my break time ? – The boss answered- okay, okay you can go now, but let me tell you that you only have 5 minutes left – Goro left the room in an angry way mumbling- this work doesn’t pay enough , wait a second it doesn’t even pay me-the boss looked at me and smiled – well, take a seat. I am about to tell you everything you need to know and I will let you ask me a thing or two because, I bet you have a lot of questions , well I was watching your fight with our agent Ongle- I couldn’t help but interrupt him asking –agent??- he smiled – oh don’t tell me you believed everything she said ,we aren’t that cruel she wasn’t going to kill you, in case you failed she would made you enter a unconscious state and then we would have erased your memory and would have created you a fake past and returned you to a random location around the globe where you would have a new life, and after all she is only half demon(as you can imagine the first thing that came into my mine was that either of his parents was a demon so it kind of gave me a very gross feeling) . Besides in that room he is a lot weaker than outside so that the new guys have actually a chance, but please don’t interrupt me without raising your hand, believe me Goro is your superior and he doesn’t care about that but for me respect is the most important thing so , if you don't respect me I will eradicate you from existence - I think that I was wetter than a fish in that moment because of his scary presence- well passing to a happier theme, I already assigned you your new code name from now on you will be called “Gio, the swift”.

Chapter 9 entering a new stage
How … lame- he immediately looked at me with a face that probably could kill a bay with, and I don’t know if I was imagining things, but I felt that a sudden pressure had taken over the room and I felt that he could kill me in any second- o-ok it’s all right I was joking I actually like it – the pressure suddenly disappeared and he smiled – well what questions do you got? remember you ask now or never- I quickly asked one of the questions that really had me wondering since the time I had arrived –where in the world are we? every time I ask someone they tell me that I will have all my questions answered here- he looked happy by the question- mmm we are currently located in the Atlantic headquarters , located between The United Kingdom and Greenland - he said while he was showing me a holographic map.

Besides this base we have others localized in others part of the world, but their location will only be revealed to you if the council requires it- it took me a few seconds for my brain to react – then.... I am not so far from home right ?- he looked me with a sarcastic smile – well if you consider a few thousand kilometers not so far? – maybe you have figured out that I was considering it by the distance you see in a world map, so yeah I was stupid – ahaha r-right well to another question , This weird weapons that appeared when I was fighting Ongle what are they? – I said, so my idiotic comment of before could be forgotten , he got out an enormous encilopedia called “the weapon enciclopedia small version” i was pretty amazed to see such a huge small version – let’s see, if I am not mistaken it is located in the b section mm.. ah! here it is those are the “Baselard blades” named after an old weapon used in the 16th century normally referred as a “swiss blade” created by a silent stalker in the 17th century the greatest blacksmith and weapon manufacturer of all of our organization’s time. Marco “L'esplosione”
(yeah he had a better name than me ), you see the weapons we use are created by special SS (I will be referring to Silent Stalkers like that from this moment on) which in fact are blacksmiths ,then the weapons are stored waiting for the time his rightful owner appears, and it seems they have chosen you as the owner you should be proud – at that moment the problem wasn’t that I did not felt proud , the problem was – so basically, I can’t sell them on Internet right? Man that’s bad I would have gotten easily 500 bucks – again I felt the pressure around the room and he started to speak with a creepy voice – so, you wanted to sell them? If you had done that I would have locked you up and tortured you until you died, so you won’t sell them!! –suddenly the pressure disappeared and he asked with a normal and gentle voice – right?- I was sweating and really nervous so I tried to smile and answered as firmly as I could- y-yes, u-um can I ask something else? – he said with the same voice as before – yes go ahead- I heard Goro and you talking about giving missions and reading reports does that have anything to do with me ? (actually I didn’t cared but it was the first thing that came to my mind, I was still kind of nervous, let’s say that his presence was uncomfortable sometimes ) – well you see, here at headquarters we have a detection system which allows us to sense demons in the range given to this specific base. We can sense their power and skill and that way we send a specific team of SS that will take him down. Based on the power he possesses ,when he returns he will deliver me the mission report and we will decide if any further action will be taken – I understood but his explanation was kind of boring so I thought of one last question – Sir , I have a last question , What is going to happen to me from now on?- he sighed (it was going to be a long explanation ) – normally we would send you to one of the academies located around the world , and after 2 years you would graduate as a full fledged SS , afterwards you would become one of the three types SS that exist :number 1, you live here and take missions, go to accomplish it in less than 2 days and return here ,number 2 , you go to someplace of the world live in there for a few months due to your mission and return here afterwards .Of course we give you a home and send you money so you can survive there and also send you far from where your last life was so that way you won’t have interaction with people you used to live with, number 3, you live in the outside world ,we give you a house but you have to get your own money, you receive missions every week and send the reports; also you must report here every 10 months – after he finished talking I raised my hand just in case- c’mon you don’t need to do that just don’t interrupt , okay what’s the matter? – I said- umm sir you said “normally” why? you know I would like to be a number 3 – he laughed – that’s right I forgot to tell you that the number of demons has begun to increase this last months, so you will be tutored by an experienced SS and also you will be assigned to be a number 1, because the SS never chooses his number ,the council chooses- he said with a very omnipotent tone-sorry Gio, but I guess it’s time to present you to your tutor, you already know him well –he said while probably trying to control his laughter -please come in – the door suddenly opened and Goro entered again a little bit pissed off – I mean what the hell? , first I go to my break then I return to write the report and suddenly you call me again, what the hell ? – the boss smiled- should you behave like that in front of your new pupil?- Goro’s face turned pale – oh hell no, now I am a teacher, I better get some benefits for this- as you may imagine the only words that traveled my head were “am I really going to learn anything from him?”

© Copyright 2010 penguy (penguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634249-Protectors-of-the-shadowsSilent-Stalker