*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634262-Jesse-and-the-Whisper
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1634262
Jesse hears noises but he never knows what they are.
Some kind of noise is how it always started. Jesse was afraid to look over because he knew he heard it but there was usually nothing there. He protected himself in the covers from whatever was around his room. Chills ran up his body but he decided now was the time to open his eyes and see if anything was outside his door in the black hallway.

He heard it again and swore there was something that walked across the hall.

"There's nothing there" he whispered to himself. Forcing his eyes shut as if he may fall asleep, the bathroom door across the hall squeaked shut. Every hair on his neck stood up.

“Jesse, wake up.”

He heard the whisper and his whole body went tight. There was no doubting it, someone or something was outside his room.

“Its your father, come help me.”

“Why are you whispering dad?”

“Get out of bed and come here.”

Jesse laid his feet on the floor and did as he was told. The closer he got, the deeper he heard the breathing.

As he approached the door, his parents awoke to the sounds of his screams.
© Copyright 2010 Nathan Brekel (brexstl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634262-Jesse-and-the-Whisper