*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636007-The-Mighty-Bear---A-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Animal · #1636007
Dream of an encounter by a bull and bear narrated by a mysterious voice.
The Mighty Bear

A Dream



         From somewhere nearby a bodiless voice calmly speaks to me as I stare at a large bull. "...notice its power. It's fury. The violence..." Obeying the voice, I take in the bull's size, as well as its vicious fury .
         "...how its hooves dig the ground madly.." the voice drones on. This thing, shaking feverishly with rage is but a curiosity to the speaker.
         "...now look beyond, on the rise.." the voice directs me toward a shape in the distance. We grow closer and I realize the shape is a bear, sitting like a child with its back turned, occupying itself on the ground.
         "...how peaceful compared to the bull..." the voice continues in its authoritative manner.
         The bull has grown nearer to the bear and sees it, its rage rising exponentially. I now notice the bull has no horns, and at that moment small blue ones grow sharply from its head.
         The bull lowers these new horns and charges with unfathomable anger at the quiet bear. The voice continues a little more rapidly, but I only notice that the bear has not moved.
         Closer, the bull thunders and yet the bear only slowly begins to turn our way and casually raises a paw.
         Now, I realize why the speaker is more animated. The bear stands and reveals itself to be frighteningly huge, easily dwarfing the massive bull.
         Before the bull strikes, the bear swings its horrible paw which crashes hard, knocking the helpless bull aside and its claws dig into its soft flesh.
         The voice continues on in its calm drone, the excitement which barely reached the surface dying away again.
© Copyright 2010 The Wild Mouse (wild_mouse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636007-The-Mighty-Bear---A-Dream