*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636085-When-I-die
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1636085
A short little thing about how I'd like to die, but in a mature beautiful way.
  As I watch the sun set coming to the end, the sun disappears under the world, while the darkness comes. Soon the moon along with stars will light up the world, then in a few hours it shall be a new day. A day I may not live. My rocks, on my rocking chair goes slower, and slower. As the world goes darker, and darker.  Only a little stream of gold shows, also purples and reds, but the rest is dark.

  My old fragile hand crunch's a paper. The paper that holds the truth, but with no one to read. Years back my once loved husband left me, my children have their own life. But here I am. Alone. Slowly dying. I know I am. Years have pasted, and I'm not ashamed to say I am old. 79 years old actually. Though I've lived a lonely confused life, I am still sad it has to come to an end. One last time I look at the white paper, with my writing on it.

  To Whoever reads.
My life was a long one, and it may be lonely, but I've had fun living it. Of course there was bad, but there was also good! I wish there was more. If I could do something different it would be to, not to be so lonely ! Love each day, and love others. Love yourself, too ! But, now my life is over, and I shall say goodbye. I do hope you find this, even though you may have not known me. It'd probably be a while till some one finds me, but even so.  I love my family, do not cry. Don't waste time, just keep living.

When I finish this time I am showered with tears. Knowing your going to die is very upsetting.  The time is coming I can feel myself slowing, and a light ease. My green eyes take one last look of the sky, its now completely black.
© Copyright 2010 laughliveread (laughliveread at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636085-When-I-die