*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636403-When-I-saw-you
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1636403
It's about when someone saw their 'true love' standing there, but things change up...
Our first meeting still roams in my head. You were so dear to me, how could I ever forget. Although years have passed, I still remember as if it were yesterday.

Across the hall I saw you standing tall, you had no care. You were pale, with black hair, and black circles under your eyes that matched. The only thought it gave me; you were mysterious.
I was eating chips, you looked hungry. It was fate. My strides took me to you in seconds, I was a smug kid . "Hungry?" and waved chips in your direction.
A soft smile appeared, and I was drawn even more.
We talked for a while, and exchanged numbers. 
Sadly, I remember why I was here. My sister was ill and I was to visit her at the hospital.
If only I asked why he was there too, but did I? Not ever .
Changes were made in his appearance, he seemed so sick, becoming even skinnier, whiter, and one day he shaved his head.
He'd avoid all the questions of his health, until one day he let out the truth; I have cancer. His words were soft, and his eyes sad.
Did I stop loving him ? Never.
Forever my love stays, even though he passed.

When it is true love; you will strive through the thick, until it becomes thin again.
 
© Copyright 2010 laughliveread (laughliveread at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636403-When-I-saw-you