*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636447-PARADOX---Chapter-5
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1636447
If you enjoy James Rollins, Jack DuBrul, or Andy McDermott, you’ll love this one!
April 24, 2012 – Berlin Germany



Helmut Mueller was in a coffee shop on Bahnshofstrasse waiting for a call from an important client. In his late thirties, over two meters tall with short-cropped hair, he had a nasty scar running down his left cheek from his eyebrow to his upper lip, which puckered the lip giving him a perpetual lopsided look. Also, he was recently cashiered from the German Army under dishonorable conditions. He considered himself a professional soldier and thoroughly despised the present German government. After twenty-two years service in one of the most demanding units in the world, they let him go.

Muller was the grandson of a high ranking Nazi officer who served under Herr Wolfram Sievers the Reich Manager of the Ahnenerbe and an SS Standartenführer. He was also the son of a disgusting weasel of a man who called himself German. Mueller was deep into the Neo-Nazi movement and considered himself a pure Aryan. Short of money and in desperate need, he had been selling his special services to those who could pay the most. A sudden ring from his cell phone rewarded his vigil.

“Muller,” he blurted.

“The usual,” a voice on the other end of the line said. “I need two loaves of bread and before they get cold.”

Mueller knew that this code meant he had two hits to make and it had to be done very fast.

“The price of bread has gone up,” he casually replied. “The economy is in very bad shape.”

“It will be well worth it,” the voice replied. “The Eagle’s Nest is nice this time of year.” The voice abruptly hung up.

Mueller smiled at the thought of the Eagle’s Nest. His beloved hero had once lived there. He also learned that his contact point was in Berchtesgaden, a place he enjoyed visiting. Mueller opened his cell phone again to find out the next available flight to Salzberg, the closest airport to his destination.

© Copyright 2010 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636447-PARADOX---Chapter-5