*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638150-The-last-Boomer-standing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SueV
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1638150
A non-fiction Biographical Comedy
According to Wikipedia.org “A baby boomer is a person who was born during the demographic Post-World War II baby boom." It goes on to state that "North America boomers are widely associated with privilege, as many grew up in a time of affluence. As a group, they were the healthiest, and wealthiest generation to that time, and amongst the first to grow up genuinely expecting the world to improve with time."

Elsewhere it is stated that a Canadian boomer is someone born from 1947 to 1966, and that more than 400,000 babies were born during that period.

So, perhaps I'm not precisely the last baby boomer. I do tend to over personalize sometimes. But then, that's why we're here. As a card carrying member of a soon to be extinct breed, I offer you this: My odd but true tale as (one of) the last boomers standing.

This tale begins on a beautiful day in the early fall of 1961. My parents, so much younger then, were completing the perfect nuclear family. Mother, Father, Son and now a small, demanding little bundle of joy... me.

I came home to a large bedroom, in a large house, in a designated affluent area of the city of Toronto, Canada. Forest Hills, gotta love it, beautiful houses on tree lined streets, a perfect place for a curious young girl to grow up.

But a boomers life is not all flowers and sunshine. Life evolves, and so did I.


Forest Hills: The early years







© Copyright 2010 SueV (suzanv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638150-The-last-Boomer-standing