*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639355-Marriage---The-Constitution
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #1639355
What is Marriage? Do we even know why do we do marriage? Are we ready to do the marriage?
You should get married now. It is your age to get married yaar.



How often one listens to such questions if he/she is unmarried and have age between 24 to 30? Answer is more often.



It is like when everyone says,  I should think about marriage now. Do we really think about getting married? Do we really know how marriages are done? Do we even know whether we are capable enough to do the marriage? Do we really feel the need of doing the marriage?



What is a Marriage? Is it a contract? Is it just a law to be together? According to me it is both.



In Vedic literature, it has been clarified by some that it was the need for maintaining dignity and propriety of conduct between a man and woman that led to the evolution of the institution of marriage. Since then, it is in culture.



There are some kinds of marriages according to ancient Hindu literature. Some of them are:



(1) Brahm (related to the Eternal Spirit),

(2) Dev (related to the gods),

(3) Gandharv (related to the Gandharv community – a love marriage)



It is a common saying in India as when you are getting married it is not only the girl or boy to whom you are marriying it is to whole family of other person you are getting married.



When one decides to get married he/she should think all the aspects of the life which will be coming after the marriage.



What can be these aspects?



(1) Financial Capability

(2) Adjusting nature

(3) Family culture

(4) values

(5) Moderate thoughts (Combination of old and Modern thoughts)

(6) Family gatherings....

etc.....



There can be plenty of other things in Indian marriage system. The crux is not here whether one should not get married, the point here is one should get married when he/she feels the emptyness in life, when one feels that I need a companion in life who is more than a friend to me, with whom one can share anything to everything.



This is a fast world. We do not do the marriages also the way people used to do in ancient time. It was somewhere around 7 days function which has been reduced to a one-day match. 



I am not saying today's marriages are fail or they are just wrong or even people are doing because others are doing. I am just making a point where one should have to realise what will come when he/she does the marriage. People should realise all the responsibilities which will come to them.



So all the aspirants just ask themseleves few basic questions and get married happly. :)































© Copyright 2010 Soch - The ray of thought (kartikkbhatt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639355-Marriage---The-Constitution