*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639484-waiting-for-the-one
by andrew
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1639484
love romance


The sun begins to set behind the mask of darkness, that has engulfed the world from view. Lights slowly begin to fade on into existence, up and down the city. In the wind there is calmness, and peacefulness. A soft sweet melody rings out, just loud enough you wondering if you are hearing it at all. Shall the night become day, shall I wait no longer, I sit upon my window sill watching the people walk by each day. I wonder if the person I am looking for is out there. Where shall I look, whom shall it be, I know what I am looking for but, i don't know whom. As if in a dream I venture out into the street when the sun is over head, I pass so many people, some give me looks, and others, just pretend I'm not even there as they bump into me. Where is the respect, and the love I seek so dearly, The traffic lights flip through their cycles, while child, women and men alike scurry about. I pass by a store that has a large single rose in the window display, surrounded by a backdrop of blackness. Whatever the case maybe I let my heart guide me through the single door. I walk down the center isle wondering where everyone was. A see a old man towards the back, trimming a couple of roses. He slowly puts them down when I walked up to him.

Slowly as if choosing what he was going to say he said: "I know not why you are here today, but I feel you are looking for something, Something you don't even know if exists." "unlike most others, you were drawn into this place, not by curiosity but by your heart." Do you know why there is just a single rose in my window? I told him I did not. He slowly shook his head, "very few do. "The single rose is alone is it not? Yet it is bold, beautiful, and catchy to the people passing by, but what you don't understand like so many others, It is alone. As you are alone, day after day you sit there, your body aging, but not so the part that matters, that is your heart. Each day your patience grows weaker, and thiner, and you wonder if you can endure. See seeking love is a delicate matter, and what makes it even worse is if one listens to their mind rather than their heart, You seek the one that will complete you, the one that you have been searching for. But truly I will tell you when it is time you will know, when you have found the one that is meant to be. I will also tell you if you don't have patience my dear child, the rose will wither all to quickly. Yes, it is true that a flower will eventually die, as will we all, but you are young, and have many years a head of you. Life may be short, but you will find, in time, in patience, deep within your heart, you will be able to endure the short time till you find the one you were looking for.

He went to the window, and took the single rose from the display, and told "Me you see now the rose isn't alone, and either are you, momentarily yes, but given time, just like this rose you now hold, once was alone, but now is with you. This rose I have given you to remind you we were all at the point of life you are in, where you are scared you will never find the one whom you seek out, Where we didn't know if our patience could hold out any longer. We meet so many new people, sometimes just hoping they were the one, so you gain a friend rather than love, so it be. Don't give up so easily don't let your patience take control. I can see not the future, but I can see that if you have patience, the wait will not be long."
© Copyright 2010 andrew (abernholtz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639484-waiting-for-the-one