*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639767-Valentines-Day-Dip
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1639767
This was one special Valentine's Day for me, my dog--didn't do much for my date!
You know, I’ve never been a very romantic gal but several years ago, I had a Valentines Day to remember.  Not for roses or candy, but for a dip I’ll never forget and no spa can top!



Many years ago, on Valentines Day, I was getting ready for a date with my future husband.  I decided to take a long bubble bath to relax after a day with my screaming boss and grumpy co-workers.  My sweet little dog, Duffy, loved to sit by the tub and ‘talk’ to me while I bathed.  I talked and petted her as I undressed (hold on cowboys--that’s as far as this part of the story goes!) and we both went into the bathroom.  I turned on the water and started filling the tub with lot of water the perfect temperature for relaxation.  I grabbed my new green bottle of expensive bubble bath I’d bought weeks earlier just as the phone rang. I hurriedly put a generous amount of bubble bath into the stream of water and raced for the phone.  I returned to the bathroom a few minutes later, lit three of my favorite candles and put on some soft music.



I was puzzled when Duffy took off out of the bathroom at a dead run and figured she didn’t like the smell of the new bubble bath.  I put my hair up, turned off the rushing water, and slid into the wonderfully warm water and bubbles.  I lowered myself down until the water was at my chin and closed my eyes as the soothing temperature of the water warmed my taut muscles and started doing its magic.  Ahhhhhh.



I let out a long breath and took a long breath in just inches from the top of the bubbles.  My nose wrinkled up in disgust as I thought to myself this fancy bubble bath didn’t smell very good for the high price I’d paid for it.  Nevertheless, I thought I could get used to the smell and told myself to relax.  I started wondering idly why Duffy dog had dashed out of the bathroom at lightning speed.  My mind then started thinking about my date that night as I wondered what we were going to do. 



Suddenly, I got a burning in a part of my body that usually doesn’t burn and I won‘t name.  My eyes popped open as the burning started spreading to the rest of my nether regions and . . . well . . . my feeble brain reeled from immediate burning.  The full aroma or stench rising from the bubbles just inches from my nose started gagging me and made my eyes tear up.  It was then I focused my watering eyes on the fancy green bottle of the expensive bubble bath sitting at the foot of the tub . . . that was still full!  Full?



All at once it hit me why my nether regions were burning like fire as my feverishly watering eyes scanned over to the second green bottle sitting just inches from the other green bottle at the end of the tub . . . it was half-empty!  I was soaking in my dog’s flea dip!!!  I jumped up and screamed as the burning continued to get worse as the realization of what I’d done sunk in.  Now I have a real good idea why poor Duffy dog took off!



After a very long and I mean LONG, shower to rinse off, I sat at the kitchen table laughing until I cried at what had happened.  I called to my sweet pooch  to apologize but she remained at the far end of the hall, looking as if she was dreading her turn! 



Ok, I hope you’ve picked yourself up off the floor by now, and gotten your breath back from laughing so hard.  This kind of stuff happens to me all the time.  Why do I tell this stuff on myself?  I tell this story on myself because I think it’s too funny not to tell.  It’ll give people a good laugh and make their day?



Another day . . . Sarah
© Copyright 2010 Sleuth Sarah (sleuthsarah709 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639767-Valentines-Day-Dip