*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640883-Duct-tape-is-Silver
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1640883
My nightmare entry. 200 words
There’s something comforting about the quiet. It’s so soft and cheerful. Like the snow covering your house and my footprints, allowing me not to disturb the dog chained out front. There’s also something smooth how duct tape keeps glass from breaking loudly. In fact, I may already be in your kitchen. No, don’t go check. If I haven’t broken in yet, you’ll bring the dogs inside and I‘ll have to kill them, too. If I am in the house, you’ll find the broken glass, and I‘ll have to kill you before you scream. There’s no point in being loud, really. That’s what got you into this trouble in the first place. I was in the library, minding my own business. Doing my crossword, in fact, and you stomp in saying they’re charging you “an insubordinate amount.” I was only there for the quiet, and you had no respect for anyone, or the silence. It was as if I was sitting in the woods watching a deer, and you shot it. I watched the silence die. So when I’m standing behind you, I’ll be sure to grant you the courtesy I didn’t receive. You won’t even know I’m there.


entry for "Invalid Item.
© Copyright 2010 Emily Tade (julialookalike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640883-Duct-tape-is-Silver