*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641418-Broken-Chapter-one--Beginings
by Kaos
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1641418
This is the first chapter to a book i am writing. It is a little slow because it set story
It was exactly two weeks from today when the worst day of my life happend, and one week since the beging of my new life. Two weeks ago on that rainy night I was waiting for my parents to arrive back from a short buissnes trip in San Fransico, only an hour and a half away from Sacromento where we lived. Being seventeen I was able to stay alone with my brother Tyler, who is fifteen. It was almost eleven O'clock and my parents had said they would be back no later than ten. I figured it was probably traffic and weather that had caused the delay. Yet my parents would have called. I tried not to worry instead I waited pateintly and played Halo 3 with Ty. "Your such a screen peaker Kailye!!!", Ty shouted. He always over reacted when I would kill him. "No, I just was lucky I guess.", I sighed trying not to start a fight with him this late. We continued to play untill we realized it was almost five in the morning. Still no call from mm or dad. I figured I should get some sleep if they weren't home by the time I woke up I would call the police. I tried Mom's cell phone then Dad's. No answer and no signal, Maybe they got a hotel. Most likely what happended.

I dragged my tired body up stairs and threw myself on my bed. I slowly shut my eyes and went to sleep only to find my self awaken two hrs later to the phone. I slowly trugged to the phone and picked it up. "Hello?", I managed to mubble. "Hello is this the Madden residence?", the firm, buissnes, alert voice questioned. "Yes, this is. Can I help you?", I asked. "This is Officer Patterson, I am displeased to infrom you that last night at aprroximatley eleven fifteen P.M. there was a horrible and tragic accident invovling your parent." I was in shock. I knew the bed feeling in my gut was telling me something. "ARE THEY OK?!?!? WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!", I paniced into the phone. "Unfortanley they did not survive. You have half an hour to collect your things and your brother, an officer will be there shortly to collect you. Click. The line was dead, he hung up.

I just stood with the phone off the hook in schock. Then I began to cry and fell to the floor. Suddenly my door opened. It was Ty. He had a look of disbelief. I knew that he had been listening to the conversation. He grabbed me and pulled me up and hugged me. Even though Ty was younger than I, he was bigger. A six foot two, brunette, with the muscles of a black belt, and a basket ball player, with tan skin and brown eyes. While I was only five four, slinder, brunette, blue eyes, and fair skin. I had never seen my brother this compasionate before. He pulled away suddenly. "Well we should pack before they get here.", He said in a monotonous voice. I nodded and began to pack. He turned slowly and began his heavy walk to his room.

I didnt know what to and what not to pack. I began to just throw all my clothes in bags. Then my ipod, make up, scrap book and my keys to my car. My car was very important to me it was the last gift i recived from my parent. A 2007 Ford Fusion. Shortly after I finished packing there was a thunderous pounding at the front door. I slowly walked down the stairs. The pounding just kept continuing. "COMING!", I yelled at the door as i walked acroos the living room to answer it. As soon as I did two police officers walked in. One was Ofiicer Patterson who had called the other was a woman. I gestured to the couch and they took a seat.

" We are very sorry about this.", He began, "This is the process we have to go through. Unfortanly because you have no relatives in the area we are going to have to put you in the Foster Care System. We will try our best to keep you guys together, but we cannot make promises. Before we take you to the station do you guys have any questions?" Ty looked at me then at the two officers on our couch. "Can I bring my xobox 360?", He asked. I knew that was the one thing that meant the world to him." "Yes.", Officer Patterson replied., "Anyting else?" "What about my car?", I demanded. "Officer Rodriguez will follow us in it and when you are put in a home it will come with you. But it will be up to your forster parents if you can drive or not." replied.

So we left the house we had lived our whole lives. The house with all our memories. The house we would never see again. The ride was awkward and long. No one said a word except for the radio in the car. Finally we got to the station. We were only there for two hours before we were moved into another cop car. That drive was long and silenced as well untill we made a stop. We stopped infront of a smll house. "Tyler Madden this will be your new home for now." I looked at him. His eyes showed a sighn of him ready to exploed. He was enraged. "I THOUGHT WE WERE STAYING TOGETHER!!!!!!", He yelled,, "I WON'T LEAVE ME SISTER!" "We said we would try. We just could not. the Foster Care System is completely full right now." Officer Patterson answered back with no sign of sympothy. He got out of the car and shook some old lady's hand. They forced Ty out of the car and we said our good byes. We suddenly drove off. I watched as the lady wrapped her arm around his shoulder and they walked inside.

I cried the rest of trip. We had been driving almost four hours before we stopped again. We pulled up to a gate and buzzed the code in. "Kailye this is your new home." The house was huge. It was also dark, it looked classic but yet it had a hint of gothic flare. Suddenly four people just appeard as if out of nowhere. The oldest gentelmen had to ony be about thirty four. He was tall, taller than Ty even. He had blonde hair smoother back, fair skin, and was dressed as if we was a corrprate buissnes man. Standing next to him was a woman. She appeared to be in her early thirtees. With radient flowing red hair, fair skin, she was short, well shorter than him at least. Then was a boy he had to be at least my age or a little older. He was as tall as Ty. He had jet black hair in a faux hawk, he was athletic looking but perfectly chizzled like a statue. The last was a young girl she appeard to be about seven or so. She looked alot like her mother with her dad's hair.

The boy helped me out of the back of the car. "Hello, I'm Aiden. Welcome.", He spoke smothely as if every word was a secret intended for everyone to hear. It was so sing songy i felt serenaded. "Hi....I'm.....", I stuttered. All I could do was stare at him. "You're?", He questioned. "Kailye." I shot out. "Nice to meet you Kailye. This is my mother Sincere, My father, Michael, and my sister Evelyn.", He introduced them, as he did they nodded proudly as if to say yes that is me. Micheal moved swiftly to the trunk and grabbed my bags. Officer Rodriguez handed them my car keys. I said my goodbyes to the police and turned to face my new "family".

"Let's take you inside", Sincere gestured.

Look for my next chapeter..... Enter casa de strange





© Copyright 2010 Kaos (kirstenkaos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641418-Broken-Chapter-one--Beginings