*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641967-Splinter-of-Sadness
by BChaos
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1641967
When you can't take it anymore...
Each sniffle surged chlorine into Katie's nose. Katie hugged the toilet, steadying herself despite already being on the floor. Tears drenched the already saturated cold cheeks. Her lips pressed against the bottle of rum, chugging in attempts to keep it down this time.  The bottle left her lips long enough to take more pills.

David.

A cold crept deep inside her, taking her breath away and making her heart skip a beat. Shivers ran down her body as though she were cold. Her body longed for David’s arms. It felt like dying without him. Her body was in agony.

“DAMMIT!” she screamed. Katie’s face flushed instantly.

Taking a picture frame of David she smashed it against the floor. Shards of glass flew everywhere. Katie kept pounding the picture until pieces of glass were embedded in her hand. Snarling and huffing, she rubbed the pieces into her legs. The frenzied and manic state subdued her anguish. Blood dripped and soaked her legs vermilion. Katie clawed at David’s picture. Her slippering bloody fingers struggled to tear the picture apart. She resorted to tearing pieces off with her mouth.  Salty blood dribbled her mouth as she spat each torn-off piece into the bowl.

Defeated, Katie continued to cry until her body went limp. Then her flushed skin turned pale.



[221 words]
© Copyright 2010 BChaos (branli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641967-Splinter-of-Sadness