*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642131-Chronicles-of-Emeron-The-Wrong-Side
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1642131
Everything thought right was proven wrong...
"Have you ever considered that we may be fighting on the wrong side of this war?" Emeron spoke up for the first time in days.
Nora stared at him. "What do you mean?" She leaned forward, gazing at the fire.
"I mean that everything that we thought was right...it's all just a lie. Have you ever considered anything they do a pure or just act?"
Nora shook her head. "I see where you're going with this."
Emeron and Nora were rogues who were under the employ of King Rhinehart III. Rogues were well trained thieves, assassin's, and warriors. They hailed from the Rogue's Order, and served the ones who hired them out, but the King had full rights to use them whenever he wished.
Nora was a stunning woman. She had shoulder length black hair, sharp blue eyes, and flawless features across her body. Currently, she was wearing a black rogue's tunic, and knee length auburn leggings.
Emeron couldn't help gazing at her. He was infatuated with Nora, and had been ever since he had first met her at the academy of rogues. He had grown up along side her, and even fought alongside her. Especially now since they were partners in this great conflict.
"It doesn't seem right what the king is doing, Nora," Emeron declared, "I want to serve someone who is just...not corrupt."
"You mean like the leaders of old?" Nora looked up as she asked the question.
Emeron nodded. "Yeah, them."
They sat in silence for another few minutes, but then Nora stood up and stretched, exposing her midriff. "I'm going to wash, and then I'm going to sleep." She walked off toward the river.
Emeron continued to think about the truth. About how the king was having them steal from those who were less fortunate merely to fund his war effort.
After a minute of thought, a thought came to him. He stood up and began to walk, thinking about it constantly. Emeron even began to consider ways to escape this quagmire that he and Nora were trapped in.
"You're right at the edge of the river, Emeron," a voice told him. Emeron almost lost his balance as he stopped.
The voice was Nora's. Emeron had somehow come upon the river in which she was bathing. In the darkness, Emeron could only see her outline, but he could tell that, despite her movement, she was waist deep in the water.
"Nora," Emeron said, "I've recently had a thought come to me. We don't have to serve the King. We should leave here, and stop while we still have a chance. These acts that we are committing are destroying my conscience."
Nora paused. "Are you crazy?!"
"No." Emeron crouched down. "I'm just saying that we need to get away. The two of us can easily find a nice town and blend in with the crowd."
Nora shook her head. "I don't know..."
"It's our only chance Nora...you know it."
© Copyright 2010 Fable Scriber (zarok93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642131-Chronicles-of-Emeron-The-Wrong-Side