*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643546-Why-Affairs-are-bad
by Kylin
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Comedy · #1643546
A wife finds out about her husband's affair, and revenge does not go as planned.
The evening could have been simple, just like any other. Smooth words to hide the shallow deception. The shallow deception that would be hidden beneath tragedy that night, that would be far thicker then either of were yet to realize.

The door opened, the familiar sound of a traitor's shined black boots on the laminate entry way announcing his presence. The savoury smell of a last meal reminding him of what he would be ending, the tampering hidden far better then the affair had been. It had been a simple thing to discover, a few phone calls made with a wavering voice.

"How was work dear?" she asked, nervousness sending only the slightest tremor though her voice as it reached him from the kitchen.

"Tiring, frustrating, mentally painful," he complained tiredly "and I've got another trip in two weeks," he added, forcing an irritated edge, though he most certainly wasn't.

"But that's our anniversary. You had that booked off," she said, sounding quite distressed. She wasn't, it wouldn't matter what he had planned after this night. He couldn't know just yet, so she stayed sweet until the savoury poisons purpose had served it's dark purpose.

"I know, there is nothing I can do though. I did get this weekend off at least," he said in an attempt to console. He had planned it this way; he would need to have some time to deal with the mess.

"Did you remember to pick up the wine?" she asked, the sharp distress softening. A final meal just wasn't quite complete with out it.

"A dark red merlot," he answered, entering the steamy kitchen holding the deep red bottle out to her.

She took the bottle from him, a vision of his blood and the wine mixing in a bloody mess on the spotless floor. "That should go quite well with the steak shouldn't it," she said with a smile, she had to stick with the plan. It couldn't be so dreadfully messy.

"I'm sure it will," he said, with a fake fond smile, sitting at the perfectly set table. Every detail was perfect, it had to be.

She served the food, the tenderly cooked meal served as she continued to play the role flawlessly.

"Why did you lie to me?" she asked in a mumbled, as he unknowing took the first deadly bite, and she a poisoned sip of wine.

"What?' he asked, quite quizzened, surely he had misheard.

"Do you like it?" she asked quite clearer, "I used a different seasoning then usual." She said, explaining that slight tug of the web as it drew all the tighter.

He nodded, "It's good and tender," he said, he had noticed the change in flavour, but he was suspicious of something else now. Had he really misheard he wondered, could it really be a trick.

"Will she cry when you die?" She asked, drinking a generous gulp of the blood tainting wine. The need to pretend was no more, he'd eaten enough. He would start feeling it soon, as he was killed from the inside out.

"Who do you mean? What is going on? What do you mean?" he asked, dread and something worse roiling in him. What could she possibly mean? He was healthy, wasn't he?

"That sweetheart whore of yours, I know you've never been on a single business trip!" she said. She stood with a faltering strength.

"You thought I would be willing to share you? You were supposed to be mine, and mine alone! You, you weren't supposed to even want anyone else not ever! This is your fault!" she said, stepping towards him.

"Until death do we part! That's what we swore, and now we part. If you're not mine you're no one's!" she said her voice almost hysterical.

He was simply silent, her web had tightened the spider had struck the deadly venom killing them.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't leave, and I couldn't stay. I'm a coward, but it really will be by death that we part" he said solemnly, his words quiet.

677 word so says Microsoft word.
© Copyright 2010 Kylin (kylin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643546-Why-Affairs-are-bad